• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
No. You lost all your credibility when you said this: Just because something worked for you doesn't mean it's magic. As I said earlier, I lost crazy weight (40+lbs in 3 months) once eating nothing but protein bars. Still would not recommend it to others. Wait.. I saw this post in another thread.. Do as I say, not as I do?
devil.gif

I suggested to him, if he had high cholesterol levels, he should lay off eggs and limit to 2 per week. Christ, people aren't allowed recommendations here? what are we in silent forums? you prove nothing. You really want to bring other posts in this? is that how low you stoop to make a pointless argument? By the way, I had pizza and beers tonight, you have an opinion about that too? What I eat once in a while has nothing to do with how I eat on a daily basis, talk about credibility... You want to be styleforum police on every single post? you win, go ahead and waste your time.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Did you work out today? Probably not. One thing you're forgetting is the toll these ****** foods take on your energy levels and digesting system. That Five Guys meal is going right through you leaving you will nothing of nutritional value and you're probably tired and unproductive as a result.

What?

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle
I have one junk food cheat meal a week to stay sane..

I find that its possible to cook decent (awesome tasting) food and still be nutritious. I don't NEED cheat meals but I won't be a douchebag when I go out with friends on weekends.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
I suggested to him, if he had high cholesterol levels, he should lay off eggs and limit to 2 per week.

Christ, people aren't allowed recommendations here? what are we in silent forums? you prove nothing.

You really want to bring other posts in this? is that how low you stoop to make a pointless argument? By the way, I had pizza and beers tonight, you have an opinion about that too? What I eat once in a while has nothing to do with how I eat on a daily basis, talk about credibility...

You want to be styleforum police on every single post? you win, go ahead and waste your time.

whambulance.jpg.jpeg

Your prejudice against eggs is just that, a prejudice, based on outdated information. Granted, some nutrition "scientists" aren't to be trusted, as the outcome of their studies depends on who foots the bill and/or they often employ flawed methodology. But most recent research (like this one showing eating 2 eggs a day is healthier than 1 a day ) have indicated that the links between (1) dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol and (2) dietary saturated fat and cholesterol are strenous at best, and often not nearly significant enough to outweigh other factors (hereditary, activity level etc.)

In any case, egg is one of the most healthy foods one can find. High-quality protein, no carb, only 80 calories a pop, and can be prepared in a myriad of ways. Fack, I'm heading to the kitchen for some egg benedict right now.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3/14/10

3 eggs, scrambled
Blueberries
1 cup coffee

Salad (romaine, tomato, black beans, tortilla strips, roasted corn) with chicken, a bit of BBQ sauce. It was the lowest-calorie salad at Panera so I got it. Met some friends for lunch.
2 cups coffee
Lots of water

1 chocolate chip cookie

Flounder fillet with red wine/lemon sauce and various seasonings
Roquefort on a few crackers
1 glass cabernet
Some spinach

Dinner was good. Mmm.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conne, I know you're trying to eat healthy, and I heard about this place near campus, Phat Wraps, on 12th & High, that's supposedly healthy. Haven't gone there myself yet, but I know many people who swear that it's good food & healthy. It's at least better than Five Guys (and, living in the gateway, whenever I party at my apartment, it's way too easy to roll down to Five Guys and get 1000+ calories of awfully good tasting food). Also, down at the North Market, pastaria has some great pasta (and sauces), and they've got to have something that's healthy (i'm a big fan of their fusili & pesto). Just stay away from their tiramisu. It's addictively good. Also, if you plan on cooking, they have fresh meat & organic veggies at the north market also. But you probably already knew that, given the locale's name. Also, relatively speaking, zPizza in the Short North has quality pizza that isn't as bad for you as chain stuff, or any food that's near campus. here is a list of their nutrition facts, so as to get a bearing to how relative I was speaking. I'm trying to think of good places to eat in the city that are also healthy, and the list is short. But as long as you experiment at home as well, you can probably utilize all the healthy options in the city and not get annoyed before you leave. Good luck! Also, I hate finals.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assumed the lack of updates meant he had been unable to adhere to such a restrictive diet that only allotted half servings of fries and tiny bacon cheeseburgers each day.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb (okay, not really) and predict that Conne gains ten pounds during his DC internship. This thread is going to be full of lists of happy hour bar food.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please keep updating. I want to feel better about my own eating habits.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I moved back to NY this week so it's been hectic.

On the one travel day I did eat poorly. Breakfast was OK (eggs, several types of fruit, some bacon, coffee) but I had a Chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch (w/fries) and spaghetti w/meatballs and sauteed spinach for dinner.

Yesterday:

3 eggs scrambled
Coffee

Grilled chicken breast, mozzarella, tomato, balsamic vin panini
Diet Coke
A few mini choco chip cookies Mother made

Grilled chicken, spinach, and red/green pepper & garlic sauteed. Little bit of oil and balsamic for dressing.
1.5 cans of Guinness

Wasn't very hungry as you can tell.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotta break the fry habit, man. And I say this is as long-time lover of fries. They're awful for you. I know it's standard to think burger/chicken sandwich + fries, but you're better off getting another sandwich than the fries.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Gotta break the fry habit, man. And I say this is as long-time lover of fries. They're awful for you. I know it's standard to think burger/chicken sandwich + fries, but you're better off getting another sandwich than the fries.
I've given up chips with sandwiches which was incredibly hard. I wonder if I shoudl go the other way around? A small bag of baked or maybe even kettle cooked chips can't be that bad if you do it once or twice a week at the most.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads