• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Congruent necktie by ERIc Glennie worn by the media

eric glennie

Reaction score
I attached a few video clips of the local Minneapolis news anchors wearing the diagonal and vertical versions of the congruent necktie. Mr. Don Shelby is a well decorated anchor for over 30 years and loves to dress up. There is even a necktie knot named after him ( Shelby-Pratt necktie knot). The diagonal striped congruent neckties are cool, but the vertical striped congruent necktie is a show stopper as seen on Mr. Shelby. On the clip with the drunk driver, you can see a close up of the vertical tie and how unique it looks on Mr. Shelby.

Eric Glennie was laughed at, mocked, ignored, and ridiculed. People thought I was crazy, but I will become the greatest menswear designer in the history of fashion. The congruent necktie will be timeless and will forever be the look in menswear. For the last 150 years, the stripes in the necktie knot have been turned upside down. I just turned the lights on to how the the necktie should be worn. History is to be made. Checkout the ESPN sportsreporters this week and you will see the congruent necktie all over the place.
"Dare to wear Different"

http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]
http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see your hats on MLB players.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Eric Glennie is still laughed at, mocked, ignored, and ridiculed. People still think you are crazy, but you wont become the greatest menswear designer in the history of fashion.
ftfy. All jokes aside, getting your ties on some obscure news readers is very impressive Eric.

erdavis

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool. The tie goes nicely with the guys pinstripe suit.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
ftfy.

All jokes aside, getting your ties on some obscure news readers is very impressive Eric.

lol8[1].gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glennie I think this is very cool. Your cut out stuff was/is bad, but these ties are nice and tastefully creative. But what's cooler to me is your perseverance, and I am glad things are starting to happen for you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like how you refer to yourself in the third person

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad that drunk driver survived. And I'm glad that school was able to make ends meet. Can't wait to see the ESPN clips. I need to know the latest in Tiger Woods shenanigans.

emptym

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear them myself, but they look surprisingly good on those guys. Congrats!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although not to my taste, I give you props nonetheless!

jdldore

Reaction score
Not personally a fan of horizontal or vertical tie stripes, but congrats!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The second one is great, and props on getting some TV time, i believe this isnt the first time Glennie has made the media.

Congrats on surviving the negative reaction that SF prides itself on.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
The second one is great, and props on getting some TV time, i believe this isnt the first time Glennie has made the media.

Congrats on surviving the negative reaction that SF prides itself on.

Hes upgraded from local morning news to local evening news. Whats next, public access?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fine judging you one project at a time, and the congruent necktie was definitely your best idea, by far. I think it has good potential.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads