1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Confederate Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Charley, May 10, 2009.

1. Charley

Charley Senior member

May 10th is Confederate Memorial Day.

Offer a prayer for those who made a sacrafice for their constitutional rights.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You've outdone yourself Charles!

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The biggest fail of all time?

5. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Only Confederate Memorial Day in North and South Carolina.

Most other states it was April 24th or the 4th Monday in April (occasionally they fall on the same day).

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

What I really want to know is when is it William Tecumsah Sherman Day?

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..

I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.
    [​IMG]

10. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

May 10th is Confederate Memorial Day.

Offer a prayer for those who made a sacrafice for their constitutional rights.

I'm glad they're dead. Now we just need to finish the job. You spelled 'sacrifice' wrong.

11. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Men of still greater honor than, say, Ted Kennedy, who will also be memorialized.

We have a FDR memorial in D.C. [​IMG]

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

Feels more like Groundhog Day to me: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=116105

Treason /= War Crimes

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Treason /= War Crimes

True. Either way, I wouldn't have complained if the lot of them were hung like the criminals they were.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The revisionist bullshit about states' rights is amusing.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

We are having a Confederate Memorial Day party at my house tonight, but I am telling all of the guests that it is really for mother's day.

16. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

This thread = [​IMG]

The revisionist bullshit about states' rights is amusing.

Some would say that it is anti-revisionist. I have no opinion on the matter.

17. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I am about as against the confederacy as anybody - but a large number of brave men and boys gave their lives for something that they believed in, and, for the most part, they did it in a very honorable way.

they should rest in peace, and they should be remembered - sometimes good men fight for stupid, bad causes, even though they have the best intentions. that is the base for a lot of tragedy literature.

18. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I am about as against the confederacy as anybody - but a large number of brave men and boys gave their lives for something that they believed in, and, for the most part, they did it in a very honorable way.

+1

19. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

As did the Taleban and the Nazis. There wasn't a goddamned thing honorable about what they did or why they did it.

20. Aperipan

Aperipan Senior member

As did the Taleban and the Nazis. There wasn't a goddamned thing honorable about what they did or why they did it.

I agree with Hos. The rebels failed because they fought under a general who did not read Sun Tzu. He advised his troops to attack uphill in every major battle.