• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Confederacy (Los Angeles)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Confederacy 4661 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90027 http://www.shopconfederacy.com/ I swung by last week on Chad's (and a lot of other people's) recommendation. It's probably one of the nicest mens boutiques in LA and it's cool to see a store like this in my neighborhood. Here's a write-up I found:
After a little delay, Confederacy will finally open in Los Feliz this Friday in a 5000 Square foot space. The store is the brainchild of Hollywood “IT” kid Danny Masterson and celebrity stylist Ilaria Urbinati, who previously was the buyer for Satine and Milk. The store will carry lines by APC, Proenza Schouler, Martin Margiela,Patrik Ervell, Boy by Band of Outsiders, Robert Gellar, Vena Cava, Shipley & Halmos, Tim Hamilton, Nom de Guerre, and Rag & Bone, who also designed the staff uniforms. The large space will also house a cafe, space for beauty products and an art gallery, which will first feature Julian Schnabel and then Francesco Clemente. We previously reported on Confederacy’s private label suit line co-designed with Albert Hammond Jr.
It's somewhat hard to describe the store's layout. Basically there's a two-room storefront that houses the womens collection. From there you have to walk through the back door, up the patio steps, and into the second building which is a large room that houses the mens collection. The dressing rooms in the corner are cleverly built as phone booths with working phones you can use to call the front desk and request that they bring you a different size to try on. Their collection isn't as direct as the description states. Their major staples are NSF and Benjamin Bixby (of Andre 3000 fame). There is a good collection of APC tops and outerwear, a rack of Woolrich, and a rack of Rag & Bone. Otherwise, the pieces are somewhat mix and match. I found a few MMM leather jackets, one Gellar shirt, some Shipley, and a few Tim Ham shirts. This isn't to say that there isn't a good amount of clothes in the store but some of the collections are clearly more developed than others. The clothes are divided up by designers along the walls and then grouped by type in the center (t-shirts, henleys, etc. ) They do carry other sizes in the back than what you see on display. There is also a shoe collection in the corner that carried MJ, Schmoove, and a few other brands I'm forgetting. Of note, they carry the Rag & Bone boots that all the kids love although yeah, they are quite a bit $$$. It's quite an impressive store considering the retail space so I do hope they do well. I highly recommend you drive by and check out this stretch of Hollywood. Confederacy is also located next door to Glory which carries Nudie, Jean Shop, and their own jeans line as well as SF favorite Barbour and all things biker. Across the street is a great upscale vintage mens store that I keep telling Get Smart he'd love. Be sure to have lunch at Yuca's on Hollywood and get the cochinita pibil burrito. Damn solid afternoon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Been to that vintage store....yea it's got some nice stuff, mostly "collectible" high end vintage. I'm a bit biased in that some peeps I know who know that guy think he's a bit of a tool. For high end vintage I like the stuff that this fellow Brian Snappy Gabs sells, as far as era and actual pieces. His prices are a bit high too, but it's all good gear

Glory is a great shop. Tons of cool **** in there. And Who meant BARBOUR, not belstaff

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
rant ahead: wtf is wrong with this store? there's at least 4 employees working at all times, never any customers, and yet they cant keep their prices up to date. various employees will tell you the same item that's been there for a year is or is not on sale depending on the moment you catch them, but even if it is, they have no idea of the price. i'm not going to ***** about the level of disinterest and rudeness of the staff, but one week last december i called about a spring 09 ervell blazer listed on their site for $1200 and i was told it wasn't on sale by the listless drone who took my call. they took my name and number and said they would call when it was marked down. the next week i went in with my gf and the tag said $280. nothing else i wanted to look at from the site was even available because the owner had brought it all on a photo shoot or something (which happens with much of their merchandise apparently, so be warned that a lot of it isn't really new). they're also still charging like $500 for a pair of CP boots that have been there so long that the soles are worn down from having been tried on. when i asked the sales clerk about the price she said "you may not know this, but this is a really really exclusive brand. these are like the last pair of these boots available in the US." no ****, they're from fall 2008. ...points for flirty girls on staff.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats kinda funny lol... someone, someday will buy them

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Will visit to see flirty girls and scoff with raf vandals on (5).

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I've been in there, and I really like the way they did the store. Also, the fact that they keep only one of each item out means it always looks clean and organized. They have very interesting pieces, and a good amount of stuff I don't often see in LA, though most of the stuff is beyond my budget at full price, but I still usually pop in for a look when I head up there.

Oh yea, and I'll vouch for the girls being flirty/cute.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hot girls are fine but if they don't know anything about what they're selling or try to oversell that is a huge I am not shopping here unless I have to kind of deal. I haven't even stepped foot in this place yet actually.

Anyway saw Illaria (sp?) being interviewed in the new details. Why is it women think they know about how guy's should dress? She's about two years behind the curve and I found her answers rather irritating.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Anyway saw Illaria (sp?) being interviewed in the new details. Why is it women think they know about how guy's should dress? She's about two years behind the curve and I found her answers rather irritating.

True. But the truth is, most guys don't know how guys should dress. I'd say that even if they're behind the curve, women like that can at least get a lot of guys presentable. However, I agree 100% that a guy who knows how to dress has a much better sense of men's dressing than even the most style-conscious women.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The same can be said for women, most can't even dress themselves.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But, do we really want them to? That is the question.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
She's a Scientologist. She's not two years behind the curve, she's like 18 years ahead of it.

funkyprez

Reaction score
Given the brands they carry, I would guess they are ahead of the curve, from an LA-style perspective. I usually am not a fan of "Hollywood style" and am a bit leery that this woman is a celebrity stylist.

That said, I may check it out next time i'm on the west coast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads