• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

concerts

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PJ Harvey next month - her new album is quite good.

Also seeing Erykah Badu supported by Fat Freddys Drop and Mayer Hawthorn - great line up.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ erykah badu is in my top 5 all time shows. she commands.

just saw the walkmen last night. played two sets at the independent in sf. good as always.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drove about 230 miles to see The National live. Was totally worth it. The National is the best live band I've seen. Local Natives opened for them and they were pretty decent, too.

What's funny about all the love for the National is that I saw them open for Modest Mouse who was opening for R.E.M. Both the National and MM were being booed as people wanted to see R.E.M. I thought that was uncouth.

~ H

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i saw them open for rem and left before rem came on

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I'm a bit baffled by the admiration for The National in this thread. They are good but they hardly blow you away. They are certainly a long way from being the best live band I've seen. Not bad, mind you, but not spectacular either.

SD1

Reaction score
Going to see Radiohead tomorrow night in Tampa, then The Naked and Famous at the end of the month.

Saw Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel a couple weeks ago. Excellent old school metal show. The bands sounded great.

rc-grad

Reaction score

Going to see Radiohead tomorrow night in Tampa, then The Naked and Famous at the end of the month.
Saw Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel a couple weeks ago. Excellent old school metal show. The bands sounded great.

I've started to listen to The Naked and Famous maybe 2 years or so ago when I was living in Australia. They are from New Zealand so was nice to find out about a "local" band. Never seen them live but am pretty sure they must be decent. Alisa Xayalith has a pretty voice and is decently attractive, too.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw radiohead on thursday in atlanta....enjoyed the two songs from the bends/ok computer.....the digital fart **** is better live than i thought it would be.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the Black Keys last night in Detroit. Last time I saw them (about 5 years ago maybe) was at a little theatre in front of maybe 75 people. They already had a decent following at the time and I was sort of amazed there were so few people at that show. I later came to find out that the show was being sponsored by some cigarette company and tickets were only available through them (and a few other local sponsors) so a lot of people who wanted tickets probably didn't know where to get them. All in all though, I'm not complaining about the small crowd.

This time around though was in an arena with about 15,000 folks. I was a bit apprehensive that their sound wouldn't translate well into such a large venue... but no worries. They were absolutely spectacular again. I will say that the songs they played with just Auerbach and Carney were much better than the songs they did with a full band.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I went to the Black Keys last night in Detroit. Last time I saw them (about 5 years ago maybe) was at a little theatre in front of maybe 75 people. They already had a decent following at the time and I was sort of amazed there were so few people at that show. I later came to find out that the show was being sponsored by some cigarette company and tickets were only available through them (and a few other local sponsors) so a lot of people who wanted tickets probably didn't know where to get them. All in all though, I'm not complaining about the small crowd.
This time around though was in an arena with about 15,000 folks. I was a bit apprehensive that their sound wouldn't translate well into such a large venue... but no worries. They were absolutely spectacular again. I will say that the songs they played with just Auerbach and Carney were much better than the songs they did with a full band.

Must be great to have been following them for so long. One of the few acts of recent memory I would go see live.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
I would go anywhere for Adele. If anyone has news of her tour please let me know..

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the lollapalooza lineup looks entertaining this year.

Some odd ducks (wtf black sabbath?) but the best shows are usually not the headliners anyways.
I think I'll go this year...its not that pricey for an entire of weekend of music (and access to good food and non ripoff beer prices) and I did end up regretting not going last year.

Sure its not going to be some giant special event that leaves a lasting impression on the history books...and sure there will be some ****** people in the crowds and the whole thing is overcommercialized...but I still get to see a whole festival's worth of music and still sleep in my own bed every night.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm a bit baffled by the admiration for The National in this thread. They are good but they hardly blow you away. They are certainly a long way from being the best live band I've seen. Not bad, mind you, but not spectacular either.

yeah well, **** YOU, I should kick your ass

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads