1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Concert Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tck13, May 17, 2006.

1. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Are old concert shirts worth anything? I have a bunch of old t-shirts from Depeche Mode (Violater), The Cure (Wish), U2 (Joshua Tree I think) and such. Not worn but not in great condition either. Are they trash or ebay material?

I keep them because they are mostly sentimental value.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Are old concert shirts worth anything? I have a bunch of old t-shirts from Depeche Mode (Violater), The Cure (Wish), U2 (Joshua Tree I think) and such. Not worn but not in great condition either. Are they trash or ebay material?

I keep them because they are mostly sentimental value.

Ebay them.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Do they not fit you any more? Because I would totally rock the Wish-era Cure shirt.

I second LA Guy. I've had "Cocteau Twins" in my daily searches on eBay for like a year now, looking for a t-shirt that might fit me, but never a single hit in either a size medium or a small. In over a year. Crazy. I've got a few other such searches as well.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Sauce, why don't you just buy a large and take it to a tailor? I have some Dispatch shirts back from when I wore my clothes baggy (don't judge me), and I'm just going to get them recut eventually.

5. Saucemaster

I thought of that, but that search hasn't hit anything for months now, and the last one I saw before that was XL--it didn't sound feasible for a tailor to make an XL into a M. I guess it's possible, but s/he'd basically be cutting a whole new shirt, right? I don't really want the shirt THAT bad. Possibly my ignorance is betraying me, though.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Yeah, an XL would basically have to be recut. tshirts are simple, though. Bring it along with a shirt that fits how you want it and it should be really easy.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Do they not fit you any more? Because I would totally rock the Wish-era Cure shirt.

I second LA Guy. I've had "Cocteau Twins" in my daily searches on eBay for like a year now, looking for a t-shirt that might fit me, but never a single hit in either a size medium or a small. In over a year. Crazy. I've got a few other such searches as well.

The concert shirts I bought I could never wear because they were always too small. They would shrink like crazy when I would get them. That is why I didn't continue to buy them.

The cure shirt from the wish tour says "one size fits all".

They've yellowed a bit over time.

Did the Cocteau Twins ever tour? I wonder what that show would be like? I think I still have a couple Cocteau Twins cassettes laying around somewhere...

8. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

What sort of "not in great condition" condition are the shirts in? might be interested if you have any jazz stuff. [​IMG]

9. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

What sort of "not in great condition" condition are the shirts in? might be interested if you have any jazz stuff. [​IMG]

I definitely don't have any jazz stuff. I only have maybe 4-8 shirts. Mostly Cure, Depeche Mode, U2, B52s, lollapalooza and such (I may have even thrown some out, don't know). I'd actually have to do a search through my closet. They've been folded there for years and have since gotten yellow. I've had them since the early '90s I guess?

10. Saucemaster

The cure shirt from the wish tour says "one size fits all".

I guess if you wear your t-shirts like Robert Smith does, that might be true....

Did the Cocteau Twins ever tour? I wonder what that show would be like? I think I still have a couple Cocteau Twins cassettes laying around somewhere...

They did, yeah. I would have liked to have seen it. I imagine it would be something like Slowdive, when they toured--I have video of that, though I never saw them live.

11. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

man i would kill for a cocteau twins or slowdive shirt that fits