• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Concert Shirts

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are old concert shirts worth anything? I have a bunch of old t-shirts from Depeche Mode (Violater), The Cure (Wish), U2 (Joshua Tree I think) and such. Not worn but not in great condition either. Are they trash or ebay material?

I keep them because they are mostly sentimental value.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Are old concert shirts worth anything? I have a bunch of old t-shirts from Depeche Mode (Violater), The Cure (Wish), U2 (Joshua Tree I think) and such. Not worn but not in great condition either. Are they trash or ebay material?

I keep them because they are mostly sentimental value.

Ebay them.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Do they not fit you any more? Because I would totally rock the Wish-era Cure shirt.

I second LA Guy. I've had "Cocteau Twins" in my daily searches on eBay for like a year now, looking for a t-shirt that might fit me, but never a single hit in either a size medium or a small. In over a year. Crazy. I've got a few other such searches as well.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sauce, why don't you just buy a large and take it to a tailor? I have some Dispatch shirts back from when I wore my clothes baggy (don't judge me), and I'm just going to get them recut eventually.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I thought of that, but that search hasn't hit anything for months now, and the last one I saw before that was XL--it didn't sound feasible for a tailor to make an XL into a M. I guess it's possible, but s/he'd basically be cutting a whole new shirt, right? I don't really want the shirt THAT bad. Possibly my ignorance is betraying me, though.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, an XL would basically have to be recut. tshirts are simple, though. Bring it along with a shirt that fits how you want it and it should be really easy.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Do they not fit you any more? Because I would totally rock the Wish-era Cure shirt.

I second LA Guy. I've had "Cocteau Twins" in my daily searches on eBay for like a year now, looking for a t-shirt that might fit me, but never a single hit in either a size medium or a small. In over a year. Crazy. I've got a few other such searches as well.

The concert shirts I bought I could never wear because they were always too small. They would shrink like crazy when I would get them. That is why I didn't continue to buy them.

The cure shirt from the wish tour says "one size fits all".

They've yellowed a bit over time.

Did the Cocteau Twins ever tour? I wonder what that show would be like? I think I still have a couple Cocteau Twins cassettes laying around somewhere...

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
What sort of "not in great condition" condition are the shirts in? might be interested if you have any jazz stuff.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
What sort of "not in great condition" condition are the shirts in? might be interested if you have any jazz stuff.

I definitely don't have any jazz stuff. I only have maybe 4-8 shirts. Mostly Cure, Depeche Mode, U2, B52s, lollapalooza and such (I may have even thrown some out, don't know). I'd actually have to do a search through my closet. They've been folded there for years and have since gotten yellow. I've had them since the early '90s I guess?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
The cure shirt from the wish tour says "one size fits all".

I guess if you wear your t-shirts like Robert Smith does, that might be true....

Did the Cocteau Twins ever tour? I wonder what that show would be like? I think I still have a couple Cocteau Twins cassettes laying around somewhere...

They did, yeah. I would have liked to have seen it. I imagine it would be something like Slowdive, when they toured--I have video of that, though I never saw them live.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 100 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%