Concert dress code

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RIT Style Guy, Jan 13, 2003.

1. RIT Style Guy

RIT Style Guy Member

While I think I have seen several different threads over the months here regarding what to/not to wear to a concert, I just thought I would double check myself, in staying true to the "better safe than sorry" principle.  I am attending a classical performance this weekend with a newly aquired lady-friend of mine and although I have been to an evening concert before, I was having second thoughts about my planned outfit.  I intend to wear a black three button suit, which fits quite well, but can I get away with wearing a collarless shirt underneath?  It is a more subtle, maroon color, so nothing bright or flashy, but I don't want all the other concert goers to be looking down their noses at me.  I know events such as classical peformances usually operate under rather strict dress guidelines, so I don't want to violate any conventions here.  Thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Speaking as a pianist, I certainly wouldn't be offended by such an outfit. It actually sounds like a good ensemble (pun intended).

3. RIT Style Guy

RIT Style Guy Member

I do appreciate the humor [​IMG] Â In what sort of music do you specialize?

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Scriabin mostly.