1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Concert dress code

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RIT Style Guy, Jan 13, 2003.

1. RIT Style Guy

RIT Style Guy Member

While I think I have seen several different threads over the months here regarding what to/not to wear to a concert, I just thought I would double check myself, in staying true to the "better safe than sorry" principle.  I am attending a classical performance this weekend with a newly aquired lady-friend of mine and although I have been to an evening concert before, I was having second thoughts about my planned outfit.  I intend to wear a black three button suit, which fits quite well, but can I get away with wearing a collarless shirt underneath?  It is a more subtle, maroon color, so nothing bright or flashy, but I don't want all the other concert goers to be looking down their noses at me.  I know events such as classical peformances usually operate under rather strict dress guidelines, so I don't want to violate any conventions here.  Thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Speaking as a pianist, I certainly wouldn't be offended by such an outfit. It actually sounds like a good ensemble (pun intended).

3. RIT Style Guy

RIT Style Guy Member

I do appreciate the humor [​IMG] Â In what sort of music do you specialize?

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Scriabin mostly.