• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Concerning Introduce yourself thread

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
Do you people read this? Kind of fun how 99% of these people, after having introduced themselves, never come back to post.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking at that earlier today. Definitely true. Not sure how useful the thread is anyway... no one really welcomes anyone, we just have Conne and a tranny flirting back and forth for several pages, and randoms guidos here and there. And I'm not sure the biggest posters have ever introduced themselves there.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I introduced myself and I now feel a little exposed.
But since no one looks at it....who cares right?

Originally Posted by unjung
I was actually looking at that earlier today. Definitely true. Not sure how useful the thread is anyway... no one really welcomes anyone, we just have Conne and a tranny flirting back and forth for several pages, and randoms guidos here and there. And I'm not sure the biggest posters have ever introduced themselves there.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't you just Mafoofan's sock puppet?

Hey and thanks for quoting me! I've been de-flowered.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score

wat chu tulking abu?

hamish5178

Reaction score

It took you that many posts to get quoted?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
It took you that many posts to get quoted?

No way, I'm pretty sure he was quoted in that DT thread about his toilet water having tampons in it.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
Do you people read this? Kind of fun how 99% of these people, after having introduced themselves, never come back to post.

What it is it alot of the people sign up, and then post for the informatino they need. Once they get the information dont see the need to come back anymore and just leave.

What we should do is make it so its required like 100 posts before you can start a topic. I know alot of forums that do that.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before a first post there is an anoying message telling you implicitly that it will dissapear when you post for the first time. I'm sure that is reason for many to introduce themselves. It was mine.

What happens afterwards depends on the interest and free time of the (junior) member.

GTR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
What we should do is make it so its required like 100 posts before you can start a topic. I know alot of forums that do that.
Like all the shit threads you started?

Edward III

Reaction score
I guess there's a small mental block you have to cross before posting (at least there was for me). After you get a few posts under your belt you start to loosen up and sharing the weird dark stuff.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40