• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concensus on J.W. Nordstrom Egyptian Cotton Shirts?

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Sorry about starting a new thread on this but I couldn't find the answer in my search.

Does anyone own the egyptian cotton shirts by JW Nordstrom and care to offer a reveiw? Is Egyptian Cotton a better material than the cotton in Brooks Brothers dress shirts? Does it last as long/wrinkle more/ etc?

Thanks in advance!

_6274507.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one and love the fabric and colours but as I'm a fairly skinny guy the fit is a bit to blousey and needs to be slimmed someday.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had one in that same color and the collar turned bleachy-pink after a couple of months.

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I have one and love the fabric and colours but as I'm a fairly skinny guy the fit is a bit to blousey and needs to be slimmed someday.

They seem a little bright in person.
Don't they offer the Trim Fit Now? I have a regular Nordstrom Smartcare shirt in trim fit and it's surprisingly slim. I'm sure the JW Nordstrom fit must be similar.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this shirt at the Rack. John W. Nordstrom 100% Swiss milled Sea Island Cotton.

JWN-full.jpg

JWN-Detail.jpg
This was my OP from the Folded Up Shirt Appreciation thread.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I run into JWN shirts in the thrift, I'm always impressed at how nice they are. I mean, they're not Barbas or anything, but one of the nicer mainstream shirts I see.

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
They use some really nice feeling cloth. Very thin for the most part though. Feel is better than BB.

However, the cut is crap. Expect a lot of alterations.

Have you guys tried the trim fit or are you talking about the traditional fit? What alterations are needed?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts

x2

I had mine taken in in the sides as well as the arms. Fits great now!

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bnussbaum12
Have you guys tried the trim fit or are you talking about the traditional fit? What alterations are needed?

I've tried Nordstrom's trim fit, its still very blousy on me. So is BB's. So is BB's extra slim.

The alterations on all my shirts are to take in the waist and slim the arms if possible.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they're one of the nicer store brands, materials wise. Soft fabric and the ones I saw had real mother of pearl buttons.

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
I decided to buy one tonight at Nordstroms. The material is way different than my brooks brothers shirts and the collar seems really small! Not sure if it will reach my lapels.

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bnussbaum12
I decided to buy one tonight at Nordstroms. The material is way different than my brooks brothers shirts and the collar seems really small! Not sure if it will reach my lapels.

Not suer, then don't buy it. Go for something that you are sure. Just saying though, you get to make all the decisions.
You are the boss.
worship.gif

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans Cater
Not suer, then don't buy it. Go for something that you are sure. Just saying though, you get to make all the decisions.
You are the boss.
worship.gif

Just curious, but is the collar supposed to reach the lapels? (I'm new to all this if you can't tell)

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by easy_golfing
Just curious, but is the collar supposed to reach the lapels? (I'm new to all this if you can't tell)

That seems to be the rule here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads