Concealing an epi-pen.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chinook, Mar 13, 2008.

1. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

+1 for the ankle holster

2. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

I am definitely liking the idea of an ankle holster. I am not to sure if I could pull the 'murse' off as I am still in high school (we all know how ridiculous that is). I don't mind a cell phone fade but I really don't want a big long tube. Thanks a ton [​IMG]

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

Take 550 parachute cord and take out the inside white cords. Use it to lanyard your EpiPen, and just hide it inside your pants and loop the lanyard through your belt loop or your belt so it doesn't fall. Unless you wear tight pants, it should work fine. That's the tactical geek way to do it without having a goofy looking Kydex attachment.

Nah, that's practical tactical. Gotta have kydex to be a real geek.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Yeah I feel you. I had to lug around one all the time and its pretty scary when you get an "attack". I suppose under extreme conditions you might not be able to take an allergy med cocktail of some sort orally so that is out of the question. Whatever you decide, I don't think you should conceal the pen so much that somebody who might give you a dose if you're unable to may have a hard time retrieving it.

I suggest just putting it in a breast pocket.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If it were me I'd make something out of holster type elastic and velcro that could wrap around my ankle, and then print something like "IF I START GASPING GET THE EPIPEN FROM MY RIGHT ANKLE AND STAB ME WITH IT" on a laminated thing that I'd wear around my neck and/or wrist. Well, maybe not, but if I were you.

6. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Before the OP gets back to this, how's an ankle holster going to work when he's wearing board shorts? Unless he's replacing Ben Stiller in Starsky and Hutch [​IMG]

7. plinker

plinker New Member

I have the same problem and solved it so far. check out plinkercases.ca

8. Big Texas

Big Texas Senior member

What's so bad about a long tube fade in your jeans? It'll help you get a date to the prom.

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Some people are "blessed" with allergies. Some of us are blessed with long tubes in our jeans. I'm not familiar with your issue, but if it's anything like mine, you should just adjust it to the side that feels most comfortable.

...you're welcome.

10. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Or tuck it under your waistband...

11. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

LOL! I think the OP got the answer he needed five years ago when he posted his question. This thread was resurrected by a spammer trying to sucker people into buying his leather goods.

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I don't know if I'd do that for fear of public indecency, but it may work in OP's case.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

One time, I had a horrible allergic reaction to something and could barely breathe. I motioned to my wife to stab me with the epi pen, but she refused. I had to stab myself. She was scared. :(

14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

When I was in the Army we were taught how to use similar auto-injectors that were supposed to fight the effects of chemical weapons (no one thought they'd actually work). We were told that the needle would go through a finger if you weren't careful. I was scared as hell of those things so I can't blame your wife. lol

15. PaisleySnail

PaisleySnail Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I would think this is definitely one of those situations where function should take precedence over form.

Also, it's good to see a Saskatchewan guy on SF! I'm currently living in Saskatoon.