• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Compulsively cluttered

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take a weekend to throw away/donate some of that crap and you will feel better!

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
I've been living alone for years. It is deeply ingrained in my behavior to just leave things lying around. I'm not a hoarder and don't leave food around and attract pests or anything, I just leave things in a horrible mess. Inanimate objects all over the floor to the point that I am hopping over boxes, suitcases, shoes, etc. to get from room to room. I usually do nothing until I expect company and perform a massive cleanup that can take up to an hour.

The irony is that I get great "zen" when I do have everything in order. I think that once I cross the door into my own isolated living space I take license to exhibit complete and total laziness. I'm sure that if I read some psychological texts it would postulate that I have some sort of deep-seated issues here...

Anyone else like this? Advice and/or insults?

i'm not quite as bad but I do find this type of thing normal. wasting away 40+ hours a week at a day job means little time to actually do anything during the day after work. the hell if i'm gonna spend that precious time being a neat freak when i could be doing something more productive and rewarding.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to think that at any moment some fine ass ***** will walk through my door and it's important she isn't deterred by any unsightly clutter.
bigstar[1].gif

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
I like to think that at any moment some fine ass ***** will walk through my door and it's important she isn't deterred by any unsightly clutter.
bigstar[1].gif

That's why I can't understand why someone won't clean up their place. I could see why someone wouldn't bother to clean if they never had people over and were like Hermits.

DBoon

Reaction score
the answer re: random bitches is long-term girlfriend who doesn't live with me.

I realized a good analogy for what I meant is...living in a Windows desktop covered with icons

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe the solution is an accountability thread.

Post your tagut style photo and you have until the end of the weekend to post a photo that looks better.

We will throw it back if its no good enough--you don't have to be shooting for the cover of Dwell but get it nice.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I have tendencies in this direction. Unfortunately, so does my wife.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you make enough money to have a cleaning service come in each weekend and do a once over on your place? It's really not that expensive... probably a few hundred per month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads