1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Compression shorts to wear under shorts?? any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by pg600rr, Oct 14, 2009.

1. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

So I pickeuome UA's and ended up returning them... they were very thick and felt kind of akward, also the 'longs' were too long and the 'regular' felt kind of short... going to get the Nike Pro and try them out (plus they are a few $$ cheaper I think).

2. Althis

Althis Senior member

I have a couple pairs of UA, my only complaint is the pilling that occurs around the crotch/asshole region but I suppose it's to be expected from all that friction. I wear mine mostly for running but i never found out, are you supposed to wear boxers/briefs with them? I just put them on top of my boxers but i always wind up with a nasty wedgie so i don't use them as often now.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I have a couple pairs of UA, my only complaint is the pilling that occurs around the crotch/asshole region but I suppose it's to be expected from all that friction. I wear mine mostly for running but i never found out, are you supposed to wear boxers/briefs with them? I just put them on top of my boxers but i always wind up with a nasty wedgie so i don't use them as often now.

You wear compression shorts then whatever your regular workout shorts or pants. You don't wear boxers or briefs with them. They're meant to be worn as workout underwear so wearing them on top of your boxers or briefs defeats the purpose of them.

4. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

for those that bought the Nikes how did you size? I am haveing trouble deciding between L or XL... I am 6'1" 185 lbs. about 34" waist (btw Nikes size chart on these is waaayyy off).

5. suzuka

suzuka Senior member

UA compression shorts for me, I find the best fit will be the football style with the velcro straps and cup holder.

6. tjr

tjr Member

They are a must when playing rugby. I have found that the
    Kooga brand isthe most durable. You can buy them from some US rugby retailers.

Otherwise, I understand that the nike compression shorts are a good choice.

What others brands have you tried? So far (~2 years) I'm happy with my Canterburys.

7. doubleb

doubleb Well-Known Member

coreshorts

they have three different levels, helps with groin/hip issues

I won't play ice hockey without them anymore

8. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I used to wear under armor a lot when I played basketball/soccer/football and they were just fine. I also wore the nike ones and the generic brand. I found that the name brand ones were a bit more tailored but I've never ripped any of them. I have the same waist size as you and I have huge thighs and I wear a medium. A large is going to be too big for you, in my honest opinion.

Posted via Tapatalk

10. centrix

centrix Senior member

theres 2 kinds, tights and compression tights, google them.

tights are a lot cheaper. i assume these are the generic thing you want

11. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

It's all about UA. +1 to whoever said to go mid thigh length. They're my go to underwear. Breathable, comfy, no thigh rash from rubbing, they don't stink, and they can absorb a ton of perspiration, I've had one of my pairs for almost 7 years now, and the only problem is a bit of pilling. They work great for walking or working out, and refuse to tear. The Nike shorts felt really thin and cheap when I tried them,

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

yes definitely go with the mid thigh. HK you dont find them to be a bit hot? I mean Im not a fat guy but damn my package gets uncomfortable after a while in them.

13. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Nope. It's probably just because I'm used to sweating (I got genetically fucked on this end), but it doesn't bother me at all. UA under my shirt is another story, however.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

man your genetically fucked...hell I am having this battle with underarm sweat and I am not on the winning end. I mean I wear boxer briefs and I dont mind them, but if I am going to the library to study I definitely wear just plain woven cotton boxers.

15. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  16. Tommy Trolley

Tommy Trolley Active Member

I highly recommend them for a few reasons. I bought a pair of them accidentally at the Off-Sax 5th Ave in Schaumburg, Il. They were regular price $68.00 marked down to $19.99 and for some reason I was in a hurry assumed it was a three-pack. It wasn't. But I swear it improved my posture and stance, and made sitting in a driving position for long periods more tolerable. when I got around to working out in them, they breathed well and the sweat seemed to evaporate faster, and no feeling of swamp-ass as you might expect.

The brand was Equmen and I think it may be exclusive to Sax, but I was so impressed, I went back and picked up two more pair (they didn't have many in stock to begin) before my size was gone. I've laundered and line dried them through several dozen wears and workouts with no pilling at all and yes, keeps the junk where it needs to be without strangling them.