• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoemakers Site

J. Amesbury bespoke shoemaker.

Alden

Allen-Edmonds

Altan Bottier

Artioli

Artioli Japan

Aubercy

Aubercy Bespoke

Balint of Vienna

Barrett of Italy. Wonderful shoes

Stefano Bemer

Mischa Bergshoeff, one of the best bespoke bootmakers in the Netherlands

Berluti

Berluti Japan

Riccardo Freccia Bestetti, an Italian artisanal shoemaker.

Stefabo Bi

van Bommel, a Dutch maker

Bontoni

Stefano Branchini

Stefano Branchini Japanese version, lots of pix

Carmina aka Albaladejo

Atelier CarrÃ

carrà ducker

Carmina with pictures.

Cheaney

Cleverley

John Cornforth , a British bespoke maker in N. Yorkshire

Il Corno blu, a Japanese cobbler

Corthay

Corthay Japan

Crockett & Jones

Crockett & Jones Paris

Anthony Delos Bottier, formerly of John Lobb Paris.

Dimitri Bottier, C&J Paris last & shoemaker's own site.

Heinrich Dinkelacker

Perry Ercolino, PA-based bespoke shoemaker with appointments accepted in NYC.

Ducker & Son of UK, now made by Grenson according RJMan.

Donegan of France. Nice shoes at reasonable prices.

Gaziano & Girling, Tony Gaziano is formerly of Edward Green bespoke. Catalog, courtesy of Centipede.

Gentry Complex, a Japanese maker.

Edward Green

Grenson

Guild of Crafts, a Japanese seller and maker of super high end hand-crafted shoes. Retail $3000 to $4000.

Marc Guyot

Heschung

Kiton Shoes, click on "production" then "shoes" for shoe making process and click on "lines" then "shoes" for pix of shoes.

Klemann Shoes, a German cobbler.

Koronya, Budapest bespoke maker and SF member MarcellHUN.

Silvano Lattanzi

Loake

John Lobb Paris

John Lobb St. James

The London Shoemaker

Alain Madec, a French maker.

Maftei of Vienna, RTW from €300, bespoke from €500.

Calzature Marini

Raymond Massaro, Paris bespoke maker.

Janne Melkersson, top Swedish custom shoemaker and also a fellow forum member. Extremely high quality bespoke and RTW shoes with attractive prices. He also offers shoemaking classes in a serene northern Swedish village.

Moreschi

Sutor Mantellassi

Georg Materna of Vienna

Eduard Meier

J. P. Myhre, also a fellow forum member.

New & Lingwood, also sells online.

Pape, a Parisian maker and retailer.

Peron & Peron, an Italian shoemaker.

Calzature Petrocchi

Ludwig Reiter, an Austrian shoemaker.

St. Crispins

Santoni

Alfred Sargent

Paolo Scafora

Scheer of Vienna

Schnieder Boots, Royal warrant holder, supplier of equestrian boots to the Royal Household and makers of "Jack Boots" to the Queen's Life-guards and Blues & Royal's

rard SenÃ

Stanislas Bottier

Koji Suzuki, a Japanese shoemaker, some of the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen.

Tanino Crisci

Tanino Crisci Japan

James Taylor & Son

Testoni

Tricker's

Roberto Ugolini

Vass. 46-page Catalog in pdf format. http://www.vass-cipo.hu/

E. Vogel, a shoe and bootmaker (equestrian) in Little Italy/Chinatown.

J M Weston

Yanko

Retail Sites

Alden of Carmel

Alden Shop of San Francisco

Armenak, a French retailer of JL, C&J and Santoni

Bennie's Shoes, Chris is a member of ours. Watchout for its upcoming Grenson Masterpiece sale!

Bodileys of Northampton, retailer of C&J and Sargent.

Bootsonline, an Aussie retailer specializes in boots and RH Williams products.

La Botte Chantilly, French retailer of C&J.

Edward Jones, a Japanese retailer, lots of EG & C&J pix. Currently EG is on sale.

Franco's, our own Ron Rider

Kokon, A Japanese retailer, lots of pix of Japanese-made high end shoes.

Lifegear Trading Post, a Japanese retail of high-end shoes, lots of pix.

Loding, a French shoemaker, incredible price €130 for a pair of Goodyear welted shoes.

Old Vic, a Japanese retailer

Pediwear, a British retailer

Plal, a Malaysian retailer, C&J Handgrade prices can't be beat.

Riflesso, a Tokyo clothier, check out Meccariello Shoes, absolutely beautiful.

Robert Old , for some rare C&J offerings.

Otsuka M-5, online shop for the Japanese maker.

Shipton & Heneage, selling rebadged C&J, Sargent, Yanko and others. Shipton & Heneage Paris, with some exotic designs.

Shoes International, a British retailer.

SW1 of Milan sells Italian-made British-inspired shoes.

UKism, a Japanese site for fine English clothing including C&J.

Upper, a French retail site. With C&J and Mantellassi.

Upper Shoes of Lyon, France carries Lobb, StefanoBi and Corthay.

Virtual Clothes Horse

Word Footwear Gallery, another Japanese retailer of the usual suspect JL, C&J, Santoni, Mantellassi and some more obscure brands.

The Shoemart of Norwalk, CT. The only known Alden seconds outlet in the world. Alden also produces some models exclusively for this store. The site doesn't list any Alden seconds, you must visit or call the store to purchase Alden seconds. Additional 10% off during their semi-annual sale.

Skyvalet of D.C. carries Edward Green, Alden, Weston and Yanko. The site has many pictures of the shoes the store carries. It is currently clearing its Vass stocks at 20% off.

Appreciation Sites

Picture blog of Edward Green bespoke by Tony Gaziano.

TimelessRider's shoe Appreciation picture blog, Part 1of 3 (dial-up warning), Part 2 of 3, part 3 of 3 and still growing! Tons & tons of pictures he scouted in various auction and shoe sites. Bravo, TR!

Jun Kuwana's, arguably the best Appreciation site.

Jun Kuwana's bespoke , with to-die-for shoes. One of the best.

souliers.net, A French Appreciation site and its sub-menu. Lots of pics, they are being re-posted on this forum by Georges5.

Japanese Appreciation, tons of pix.

Japanese Appreciation specialized in British vintage shoes

More Japanese Appreciation

Another Japanese Appreciation

Another Japanese Appreciation , specialized in English shoes.

Centipede, an incredible Japanese site from our own member Centipede, rivaling June Kuwana's. Hidden in the same site, a rare Edward Green catalog, Anthony Cleverley portfolio page 1 and page 2, real treasures.

Another excellent Japanese Appreciation site with plenty of pix of Ugolini.

Some examples of works from Japanese makers: Yamacho 2, Hiro Yanagimachi 2, otsuka M-5.

A Japanese site devoted to bespoke shoes with Maxwell, Arcando Milano, EG for Flusser (707 last), Stefano Bemer, Tuczek, Corthay, both Cleverlys, Ethos Club, Benjamin Klemann, Jason Amesbury, Foster & Son, Balint, Materna, a whole slew of Polish bespoke makers, and Golden Shoe Hokkaido. "It's a bit difficult to navigate since it is apparently only possible to link to the main page. From the main menu select the 4th, 5th, and 6th entries and then from each of those use the menu scrolling on the left hand side."

Other

Cowboy Boots site

Cordwainer Guild, an organization for cobblers with message board, pictures and discussions of different techniques.

Daily Shoes, a German site devoted to shoes.

History of boots, from Curtin Univ. of Australia.

Union Works , a Japanese shoe repair shop specialized in high-end shoes.

Online Shoe Museum

Shoe discussion forum, an Italian site.

Italian shoe manufacturer directory, from a Japanese site.

Snug Shoe School, a Japanese shoe making school.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Of some reason, I belive I should be a part of that list presenting high end shoes and makers. The enclosed picture is a Closed Derby Style, made recently to one of my best clients. This was his 10th. Bespoke pair of shoes, which is quite impressive to be a norwegian. The leather is Grinded Waxed Calf which gives a lot more transparent depth to the upper compared to standard aniline calf. The shoe is welted normally by hand and the sole is attached with 8 stitches to the inch. The sole thickness is 3/8" inch which makes the style a solid look and feel for city wear. There is also a toe-plate on this particular shoe, which is decided by the customer when ordered. The heel top lift is the standard Philips Superfine, which is not being produced any longer. That is pretty sad for those who loved a durable rubber lift. Since the shoe is a single piece of leather, except for the tounge, the lining also is. It is natural in color and vegetable tanned.
There is not much more to say except that the shoe fitted very well, so I have to prepare making him the 11th. pair, I assume!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J.P. Myhre
Of some reason, I belive I should be a part of that list presenting high end shoes and makers. The enclosed picture is a Closed Derby Style, made recently to one of my best clients. This was his 10th. Bespoke pair of shoes, which is quite impressive to be a norwegian. The leather is Grinded Waxed Calf which gives a lot more transparent depth to the upper compared to standard aniline calf. The shoe is welted normally by hand and the sole is attached with 8 stitches to the inch. The sole thickness is 3/8" inch which makes the style a solid look and feel for city wear. There is also a toe-plate on this particular shoe, which is decided by the customer when ordered. The heel top lift is the standard Philips Superfine, which is not being produced any longer. That is pretty sad for those who loved a durable rubber lift. Since the shoe is a single piece of leather, except for the tounge, the lining also is. It is natural in color and vegetable tanned.
There is not much more to say except that the shoe fitted very well, so I have to prepare making him the 11th. pair, I assume!

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing a very interesting shoe! We look forward to your participation here.

I actually visited this topic to post this link: www1.odn.ne.jp/~aab38980/shoes.htm

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List updated for 6 additions; 2 shoemakers, 3 retailers & 1 Appreciation.

Thanks to TKDKid, Andrew and LabelKing for the links.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Don't forget Bontoni, I think you posted the link but didn't make to the list before the crash.

And our own member J. P. Myhre.

I remember there're handful of links not yet incorporated into the list and lost to the Crash of 2006.

Stanley Korshak is the only store that I know carries Bontoni. Picture of Bontoni shoes:

cid358335221010320060bc67cc.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I remember there're handful of links not yet incorporated into the list and losted to the Crash of 2006.

Stanley Korshak is the only store that I know carries Bontoni. Picture of Bontoni shoes:

cid358335221010320060bc67cc.jpg

VR--I thought Louis, Boston was carrying them too??

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You both are probably right. I got the picture from SK and that's the only store I knew that carries Bontoni. Time to make a shopping trip to Boston. When's the next Louis sale?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
When's the next Louis sale?

August. And they won't take phone orders on the first weekend. Drat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads