Completing a POW/Glen plaid suit number

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by dako, Apr 8, 2016.

1. dako

dako Member

Gentlemen,

I currently have the sport coat in a Holland and Sherry wool/cashmere pictured here (sorry, only photo I have of it on at the moment):

[​IMG]

Anyways, I like it quite a bit but after going over the website I've noticed the disdain for GP numbers as odd jackets and thought, well it would be nice to have the pants... So I emailed the tailor in question and they have just enough of the remaining fabric to make a pair. Now I'm curious what everyone thinks of the overall pattern (size, etc) and how they feel about the jacket on its own.

I know I would wear the pants as separates and love it, I just now that I'd really have to look for an excuse to wear the full suit together. Would anyone consider it appropriate for a wedding..?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone of you fellas care to weigh in?

-D

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I prefer the jacket on it's own @dako . It's not something I would wear to a wedding. I wouldn't want to stand out and take anything away from the bridge and groom. Jacket looks nice btw.

3. dako

dako Member

Thank you. Yes, it is quite loud for a wedding. The question would be whether the pattern is loud enough to stand alone as a jacket.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I would say yes, very much indeed.

5. dako

dako Member

I currently wear it with olive, black (cardinal sin, right?), and charcoal trousers/chinos. Just had a pair of light blue and dark cream made. Any other suggestions?

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

It might be appropriate for a country wedding in the UK, should such an opportunity occur.