Completely won over a girl's heart and then put myself in the "friend zone."

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by snowy_footprints, Jan 5, 2010.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i will definitely fuck on the first date and always i expect it to ruin things. then again, i'm nowhere near ready to be in a relationship so i assume the same of the chicks that allow me to fuck on the first date so it's never disappointing when they drop the regret-bomb.

2. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Senior member

If you don't want to scare her away and ever have a chance at something serious, withdraw and be cool. Maybe in a couple weeks or months she changes her stance, maybe not. But if you try to push her on it, she's a goner.

Chicks crave seriousness and commitment. If they're willing to withdraw, let them do it or else you're just boxing her into a corner.

Also, you may be really into her because you want something to gravitate towards. You might need some time and space too to see if you're right about her, or it's just a passing fancy that feels more significant.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

So everything was great, and it took a nose dive after you had sex? Maybe you suck in bed...

not going to read the diatribe but based on this summary, I will give my standard response to the OP:

[​IMG]

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

not going to read the diatribe but based on this summary, I will give my standard response to the OP:

[​IMG]

Ed, you are so bad!

5. why

why Senior member

Congratulations on losing your virginity.

6. phreak

phreak Senior member

plz no... if things were really that great, you will end up together soon enough

7. mrkleen

mrkleen Well-Known Member

To the OP

If she doesn’t want anything more than a casual fling, then there is no amount of chemistry or good sex or whatever that is going to change that.

You liked her after your first night together, so you pulled back to show her that you are not all about the sex – that you would like to get to know her as a person. With the right woman, that would have been exactly the right play.

With her, it showed a side of you that was serious and relationship ready – and it scared her away. That is the luck of the draw so to speak, and I don’t think you did anything wrong to be honest.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I can't believe I read most of that.

HEre's what you do: accept she doesn't want anything serious and continue to hook up with her.

Enjoy your luck.

9. willpower

willpower Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

If you don't want to drive her away, posting her texts verbatim on an internet discussion board is probably a mistake.

Then again, we didn't even have texts back when I was dating, so what do I know?

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The ship has sailed. Move on. Don't contact her and don't try to be her friend.

^ This. It's a losing proposition. It is impossible to come back from the "friend zone". Forget about her completely and move on with your life. Never answer her phone calls or texts again. NEVER. All you'll dois wind up wasting time and energy chasing something down that will hurt you even more.

Seriously, move on.

12. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

It's over. Move on.

13. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

This

" I wanted to embrace her and say, "Hello, beautiful" and kiss her, but I didn't... I feared coming on too strong as both of us had recently came out of relationships, so I kept it casual."

Is where it all went sour. And you can't 'explain' this behavior after the fact to a girl. That's twisting the knife into whatever potential there is.

It's completely incongruent with your relationship to that point.

1) The girl feels kinda slutty know because the time you guys meet up after screwing, she wonders if she put out too quickly because all of a sudden you put on the brakes
    2) She's also wondering if maybe you're trying to quickly turn this into a relationship frame. It doesn't matter if she just came out of a relationship or is 'desperate' for one, because it reeks of desperation. This is why saying "I love you" too soon produces an ewww moment.

You can fix this. STOP texting/facebooking/ect for a couple weeks. Then if she hasn't contacted you casually send a text out "hey old buddy, how ya been" kinda thing. You have to put up a bigger wall than she does with the friend thing, out-friend her so to speak, and bring it back down to really casual, lighthearted, teasing state. When you guys next hang out, lightly touch her often in a non-sexual way (things like grazing her elbow/shoulder to make a point, high-fiving, etc)

14. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

^ It is impossible to come back from the "friend zone"

I've done it several times... and while it's terrible to beat yourself up over a girl, I highly recommend it for educational reasons, at least once or twice.

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I've done it several times... and while it's terrible to beat yourself up over a girl, I highly recommend it for educational reasons, at least once or twice.

You recommend what?
    Beating yourself up over a girl?
    Or coming back from the "friend zone"?

There are way too many women in the world who will give you what you're looking for "” with no strings and no expectations "” to ever beat yourself up over her.