1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Completely lost on matching colors

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Fortuna, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Fortuna

Fortuna Member

I am supposed to be attending a party that I will need a pair of slacks, dress shoes, button-down, and tie. The color theme is purple so I will need to incorporate that color somewhere in my outfit. I have no clue what to do or what to where when it comes to colors other than grey, white, blue and khaki. Can someone please shed some light on the issue I am having, it would be greatly appreciated!

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I suggest that you get a purple tie and purple socks and wear it with a blue blazer, white shirt and gray or khaki trousers. If you want to go wild get a purple pocket square too.

3. Fortuna

Fortuna Member

When you say blue blazer what shade of blue? True blue, or navy?

4. white collar

white collar Senior member

Either shade of blue would be fine, I routinely wear purple with both. I would get a good purple tie and a purple pocket square, one with a print or design though (like paisley).