Comparison between EG's 606 and 82 lasts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dieworkwear, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a pair of EG Shannons in the 82 last. I currently have a pair of the Dovers in the 606, and since my right foot is slightly longer than my left, I find the shoes a touch tight on the right foot (in length, not in width). It would be nice if I could achieve a slightly better fit on the 82

Does anyone have a recommendation for what size I should get?

On the one hand, being a boot, I would think that I could get away with some roominess. This would suggest that I should size up from an 8.5/ 9D to a 9 / 9.5D. On the other hand, since the 82 is already a bit more elongated than the 606, maybe I should stick with the same size.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

2. hst

hst Senior member

Then I suggest you may want to size up by 1/2. I find 82 last narrower than the 606 (I owned EGs in 82, and have tried on Dovers in 606 at the shop).

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i have no experience with these particular lasts. in general and from my personal experience. a boot always fits a bit different than a shoe. length shold be the same, though. you mentioned that you want to go through leffot. what do they recommend?

4. michaelvl

michaelvl Senior member

I have 5 pairs of Edward Greens in lasts 82, 202 and 888 all in size 7 UK. My first Edward Greens I purchased in Paris at Old England, the rest I purchased online at Edward Green. Before ordering at Edward Green I told them that I had only a Chelsea in the 202 last and asked them what size I would require in the 82 and 888, there reply was to get both lasts in the same size. I followed their advice and all my EG's fit me perfectly. A couple weeks ago I tried on a EG Chelsea in 7 1/2 UK in 82, and found them to be way too large for me.

Why don't you just mail Edward Green and ask them for advice on sizing?

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Leffot kind of rode the fence on whether I should size up or stay at the same size. As they noted, a boot might be more forgiving, but the 82 is already a bit elongated.

That's good advice, thank you. I'll email them today.