1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Community

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Community has def surpassed the office.

Seems like the office has lost its steam when it accomplished the only thing that everyone cared about. Jim and Pam getting married. Now its jsut episode to episode with no underlying goal

2. denning

denning Well-Known Member

This has been a good season. Last night's ep was brilliant.

My favourite episode next to the paintball one. Awesome.

3. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

I agree that Community is now better than the Office.

And what was with both 30 Rock and The Office having subplots about computer generated voices? That was kind of weird.

4. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

He actually was a practicing doctor with Kaiser Permanente.

the guy from the usual suspects?

5. tricota

tricota Well-Known Member

I honestly think there have been a few downright boring this year, but there have also been some good once like this week and the one with the spaceship thingy...

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

It's not particularly promising that they're already doing a lot of self consciously "themed" episodes. Still, I've laughed a lot this season.

7. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

It's not particularly promising that they're already doing a lot of self consciously "themed" episodes. Still, I've laughed a lot this season.

I kinda like it. It helps extend the life of the show as opposed to dragging out a show about people who have no business hanging out together at a community college for more than a semester.

BTW, maybe I didn't completely get this week's episode but no way was it as funny as the spaceship one. The blanket fort city was the shit, though. "This way, through the turkish district!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I met the actress that plays Britta at a dinner party recently.She was way hotter in person than she is on the screen.

9. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

This is probably my favorite show on TV now. I thought that this episode was one of the funnier ones this season. Not sure why but I though the line "would that this (desk or hoodie) were a time (desk or hoodie)" was pretty funny as was Annie's flailing around on the ground.
    Lots of good lines this week:

"You're trying to Nancy Screw me out of my grade"
    "Be sure to visit our civil rights museum"
    "That's the worst book I'll ever read cover to cover"
    "We started looting"

10. delakingois

delakingois Well-Known Member

This is probably my favorite show on TV now. I thought that this episode was one of the funnier ones this season. Not sure why but I though the line "would that this (desk or hoodie) were a time (desk or hoodie)" was pretty funny as was Annie's flailing around on the ground.
    Lots of good lines this week:

"You're trying to Nancy Screw me out of my grade"
    "Be sure to visit our civil rights museum"
    "That's the worst book I'll ever read cover to cover"
    "We started looting"

Leonard. [​IMG]

Any show that contains the quote "He went into that blanket fort!" has my approval.

11. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Annie squirming around on the ground was....hot.

12. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

+1, awesome Annie episode.

13. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

I really like the show. One of the main characters is from Derek Comedy, so that's what got me interested.

I find the show itself sloppily written at times, but in an endearing way. Like the actors and writers just decided "to hell with it, let's have fun".

14. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

This show is so good you know it's going to be canceled. That's just how it works...

15. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

This show is so good you know it's going to be canceled. That's just how it works...

I watched the entire first season with this thought. The very first episode I was thinking "hmm, that's enjoyable. Funny, but not pretentious, and they don't take themselves seriously (in the best possible way)*, I give it 6 episodes"

*I think in parentheses.

16. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Well-Known Member

last episode so awesome

17. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

It was kinda depressing [​IMG]

18. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Well-Known Member

no it was awesome. its good to see them developing Shirley's character a bit as because she's really been the cast member thats been ignored.

Although what they really need is more Senior Chang.

side note: didn't realize until recently that I went to college with Abed, I thought he was a familiar face.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Well-Known Member

really good episode. the series seems like early scrubs. good sometimes random comedy with a more serious undertone.

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I liked this episode. Claymation was pretty good. It did seem weird at first though.