Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Mar 21, 2008.

1. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

I saw those exact shoes in person today in a little shop today in Apgujeong. Cracked me up to see em - they even have the gold serial-code stamp on the side of the heel. The funny thing is that the quality of em is on par with most of the sneakers at the $200-300 price point. I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same factory in China.
    How much were they?

2. AJL

AJL Senior member

jonglover, yeah those sneakers are at Odin. they're the grey suede leather toes if you call the store [​IMG]
    I called yesterday (both stores) and they do not have them. They are expecting a shipment in the next week or two, but could not confirm whether grey suedes would be included. Btw, I ordered the last pair of white perfs from SW (40).

3. Babar

Babar Senior member

On sf, some say the sizing might have changed for the bigger this season (which would mean they're about two sizes bigger than chucks!). Has anyone who have gotten theirs sized down from what they previously took in CPs?

4. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

11 in Chucks = ? in CP?

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I'm a 10 in chucks and in CP achilles high from last year i was a 43 (had 44s and were too big). Not sure if you're a 44 or 45. Did you size down a full size for your chucks? If you're a true 12 i'd say 45, if you're more of a true 11-11.5 i'd say 44 could work.

6. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Thanks chron. I'm kinda caught between a true 11.5 and a 12, so the 45 would probably be it.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

^44

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

9. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

^^coco---i was in the same predicament as you, caught between an 11.5 and a 12. I wore a 12 in chuck taylors which were a little clown looking, but a pair of more measured shoes i got were 11.5. Torn between a 44 and a 45, i ended up getting the 44, and glad I did so. I got the grey perfs, and while they were a little snug at first, they are now good and comfortable. As well, from ive read, CPs run a little big, which is true from what ive seen. Hope that helps.

10. adaspiel

adaspiel Member

I called yesterday (both stores) and they do not have them. They are expecting a shipment in the next week or two, but could not confirm whether grey suedes would be included. Btw, I ordered the last pair of white perfs from SW (40).

I went to both stores yesterday and they did not have them at the East 11th location but they were in stock at the Lafayette store.

Matter of fact, I picked up a pair. [​IMG]

11. AJL

AJL Senior member

I went to both stores yesterday and they did not have them at the East 11th location but they were in stock at the Lafayette store.

Matter of fact, I picked up a pair. [​IMG]

The low top grey suedes? If so, I was given some misinformation by SA. Hmmmm[​IMG]
    What size did you get? How's the fit? Did you notice any small sizes while you were there, 39-40?

12. ryangong

ryangong Active Member

I picked up the last 40 low top grey suede leather toe at Odin, but yes, they did have them. I even emailed them a picture of the shoe just to confirm we were talking about the right one.

13. adaspiel

adaspiel Member

The low top grey suedes? If so, I was given some misinformation by SA. Hmmmm[​IMG]
    What size did you get? How's the fit? Did you notice any small sizes while you were there, 39-40?

Yup, the low top grey suedes. They definitely gave you the wrong info, they had them on display early afternoon on Saturday.

I asked for the equivalent of a US 9 and he got me a size 42. I normally wear a 9 or 9.5 in almost everything and the 42 was the perfect fit, didn't need to try on any other size. I didn't notice if they had any small sizes since the SA was the one that grabbed the box for me.

14. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

opinion wanted -

dark grey achilles low or black court shoes?

unfortunately, both is not an option

15. the etruscan

the etruscan Senior member

On sf, some say the sizing might have changed for the bigger this season (which would mean they're about two sizes bigger than chucks!). Has anyone who have gotten theirs sized down from what they previously took in CPs?

I'm an 11.5 E/11.5 EE in most brands of dress shoes. The 45s were too long for me, but despite being near to a 12.5 in length, they were far too narrow to wear.