Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

just ordered the grey perfs in a 44 off of south willard, and thankfully they charge about $100 less than Barney's [​IMG]
    probably why their CP stock is quickly selling out.

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

What's the story behind this brand?

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

if the grey suede are still there when my tax return comes
    i will get them
    i love my white leather achilles so much i need more cp in my life...

4. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

got my grey perfs today from south-willard, cross-country delivery in 3 days is about as get it gets. Glad I picked up the 44s, though they are definitely a bit snug. Grey sole, grey laces, im glad that they are darker than they appeared in the SW photos (for some reason all the merchandise depicted on their site is lighter than IRL), I am astonished at how solid these shoes feel. Much thanks to everyone who helped me with my sizing concerns; I can't wait to see what CP comes out with next. [​IMG]

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Glad to hear that, I'm picking up my white court shoes on saturday with the rest of my ish there.

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

these shoes are OK but i think they have gotten kind of overhyped. like they're getting more credit than they should. if you like these shoes...check out generic man.

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

I think it's their strongest season yet.

Images stolen from superfuture:

[​IMG]

Remindes me of a Selle Turbo:

[​IMG]

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

these shoes are OK but i think they have gotten kind of overhyped. like they're getting more credit than they should. if you like these shoes...check out generic man.

Generic Man stuff is nice. I have a harder time finding their stuff online though. Oak has them but i don't know of all the online places that do.

[​IMG]

I like their high tops better than CPs

The purple ones are sex
    [​IMG]

These ones are nice. Kind of lanvin esque in a way. http://www.thegenericman.com/shoe.ph...yle=10&shoe=36

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Gimmeshoes.com in San Francisco has a good selection of Generic Man. The shoes are definitely more "distinctive" than Common Projects, and the colors they use are a lot bolder. Having handled both CPs and Generic Mans, I would say that either will hold up well with wear. It really boils down to what personal preference. Me, I'd like to see the Yigal Azrouel for KSwiss sneakers. Has anyone seen these?

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

you're right la guy, gimmeshoes. oh yea they make them in the same factory as CP (which is also the RS and Lanvin spot, apparently)

honestly i would just buy straight from the generic man store (it's on their website) if i was going to pay retail. they have more styles/selection.

if i were to get some KSWISS, i would probably cop those Julia Hederus jump offs (they have them at oki-ni.com)

btw those are the fall models, chrono. the new spring joints have perforated leather trim instead of suede.

11. pantheist

pantheist Senior member

got my (white) court shoes in the mail today from ryan [​IMG]

12. kronik

kronik Senior member

Slept on the white perfs and now they're sold out in my size. Any PSAs for a 44?

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Generic Man is certainly looking better this season, but it appears they've fallen into the "MUST HAVE PATENT LEATHER SHELL TOE" dogma. I have to say I'm addicted to that style myself, but it's being circulated so widely (Kenneth Cole, PF Flyers, etc.) that I can't imagine it will look all that cool in a year's time.

The Sportsman colorways are starting to look pretty good, though. I can't decide if I like the Tuxmans enough to buy a pair.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Pretty sure they were selling the Generic Man shoes at Urban Outfitters last year--do they make women's? I hope I'm not making a whodini academi/akademiks mixup.

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody know where else I can find Generic Man online? Looking for the Stripeman model.