1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Mar 21, 2008.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Am I the only one that thinks the black chukkas would look just as dope as the greys when seen in real life or pictured at the same angle?

After seeing the greys here I think there's a lot to be said about camera angle. Although I must admit they look pretty awesome at that angle too. I'd cop the greys but I don't have any light/grey denim to go with them and with the blacks the indigo stains wouldn't be as big an issue.

I think that the contrast of the greys with darker indigo would look much more dramatic and interesting. Also, the greys would work with both warm and cool colors.

2. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

The chukkas are so cash...money is the thing

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Indigo stains really aren't a concern. Remember that the indigo that rubs off on the jeans is just excess indigo. Kind of like dead skin cells. Any half-decent shoe cleaner - or for that matter, a rubber eraser - will do fine to remove the indigo from the shoes.

Suedes are a slightly different matter because obviously you can't use the water-based leather cleaners on them, but iirc suede cleaner cleans it off really well.

I used to love the grey shoes, but something about them turns me off a little, and I can't figure what it is about them that feels kind of bland. My tastes might be shaped quite a bit by my current surroundings, though, which is a drastic difference from US style.

My personal ranking of favorites would be:

White leather perfs, quite possibly the best looking sneakers I think I've seen in some time:
    [​IMG]

Black suede/leather shell toes:
    [​IMG]

Brown dress slip-ons:
    [​IMG]

Blue leather lows:
    [​IMG]

4. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

chrono mentioned these shoes running a bit big...I am a 12 in most everything, shoe conversion sites say that I would wear a 46 then? Was wondering if anyone thought that was right or what, as I am heavily considering the grey chukkas.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I purchased a pair of high tops that were 44 and i'm a 10.5 true to size and they were certainly too big. Probably better for an 11.5. A 45 wouldn't be too small on you. What size do you wear in chucks? I'd say CP fits close to chucks.

6. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I'm an 11 1/2 and I've worn a 44 in CP since the second season.

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

Haha, I saw these on Kanye's blog. Apparently he thinks they are the best shoes ever :p
    I've always thought CP were overpriced and their designs extremely derivative, but as a Kanye fanboy I kinda want some now.

8. Karl Pooper

Karl Pooper Senior member

chrono mentioned these shoes running a bit big...I am a 12 in most everything, shoe conversion sites say that I would wear a 46 then? Was wondering if anyone thought that was right or what, as I am heavily considering the grey chukkas.

I'm a 12D in pretty much everything and a 45 in CP fits perfectly.

9. mongo615

mongo615 Senior member

Those grey chukkas are sweeeet! $300??[​IMG] I wear a 13, and I find that my 46 Achilles mid fit perfectly,. If my feet weren't so wide, a 45 wouldn't be bad either, once broken in, particularly in suede or perforated--I tried regular leather, and they're hell at first.[​IMG]

10. jgu

jgu Well-Known Member

Saw them at Odin in soho today. I wasn't impresed with the construction.

11. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Funny, I saw them today at Odin and thought the opposite, at least for the gray perforated. Those are some beautiful sneakers, and felt great as soon as I slipped them on. But, at that price, even with my wife egging me on to get them, I just couldn't pull the trigger. Like, I'd rather get a pair of a quoddy trail mocs and a pair of timberland traditional handsewns for the price of those cps, or maybe splurge a bit more and get a pair of alden indys.

Oh, and as a public service announcement, at the Steven Alan outlet in the UWS, they had a pair of white cp slip-ons in 41 for like 170, and two white high tops in 38 and 39 for about the same price. I also saw the EG trench for like 200, maybe less, in a couple of sizes.

12. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Hey, Odin shoppers: did they have the suede, grey low-tops? Oh, and thanks to the mod that fixed my title. Sheesh [​IMG] Welcome. [​IMG]

13. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Hey, Odin shoppers: did they have the suede, grey low-tops?

Oh, and thanks to the mod that fixed my title. Sheesh [​IMG]

My wife swears she saw them, but I was so captivated by the gray perforated, I didn't really pay attention to what else they had. [​IMG] I did notice the regular gray leather low-tops (which looked like crap next to the perforated, imho) and the suede chukka in I think the light gray.

14. elliottchow

elliottchow Senior member

I was wondering what size should I wear if im a size 8 ee to 9ee in most new balance shoes?

15. jet

jet Senior member

I'll just say the court shoe is the best, in white and priced great to boot.

16. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Actually now I think I am leading towards the grey perfs. instead of the chukkah shoes, as it seems they would be more practical in the long run. Been looking at all my shoes, the pair of chucks I got are a 12 though they are a bit big on me, and my measured sneakers are an 11.5. Seems either a 44 or a 45 would work here, can't decide which.

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

If you're an 11.5 i'd get the 44s

18. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I've heard 43s can sometimes fit an 11.5US. I'd go with the smaller size (44).

19. pantheist

pantheist Senior member

I'll just say the court shoe is the best, in white and priced great to boot.

completely agree, although i have too many white shoes, so i ordered the black. i'll probably get the whites too.

20. Concepts_BLC

Concepts_BLC Well-Known Member

I was extremely skeptical of Common Projects when we picked them up for the new store. I have to admit though they grew on me, and have been doing pretty well with the customers.

The new stuff is decent. I am expecting more good things to come from CP in the future.