• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Weird question...but has anybody noticed a difference with the new season Common Projects smell? My older Achilles and Summer 09 editions smelled like wonderful italian leather when they were new
laugh.gif
My new season Achilles lows I just got sort of smell like a shoe store, you know like a new pair of Nikes or something. I know most of you get what I'm talking about. Anybody experienced this?

are both pairs new? if your comparing a new pair to a pair that has some wear that might explain it.

if your comparing two new pairs maybe they changed the leather or insole. it could be any number of things.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
are both pairs new? if your comparing a new pair to a pair that has some wear that might explain it.

if your comparing two new pairs maybe they changed the leather or insole. it could be any number of things.

of course 2 brand new pairs. no wear. Yeah, it's leading me to believe they're using cheaper leather on the new ones.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
of course 2 brand new pairs. no wear. Yeah, it's leading me to believe they're using cheaper leather on the new ones.
This is the pinnacle of over analysis. And even if they are, who cares? What are you going to do about it? They're $400 sneakers, I don't think there's any way you could really ever justify that in the grand spectrum of things no matter what leather they are made of. I have three pairs, looking for 4th.

coti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
A quick sizing question, if a wear a Lanvin 5 in lows and a eu40 in MMM low gats, would i take a 40 or a 39 in low achilles?

Go for a 39. I'm a 45 in gats and a 44 in achilles.

rebornsoul

Reaction score
anyone knows when does ssense stuffs go on sale?

computurd

Reaction score
Knisse I would say go with 39

I have a pair of 39's and I would have to say they are the most perfectly sized sneakers I have owned and I generally wear size 7US or EU40.

Also just on the Lanvins size 5 which you say fit like a EU39, would you say they fit a bit too small for you? Say if you are a 40 in MMM

zsw163

Reaction score
Welcome to the best Online Newspapers from the entire world, Information on local issues, all politics, Main events, World celebrations, people and all business on onlinenewspapersz.com. Online Newspapers if you are looking for best accommodation, shopping, in free Online Newspapers. Bargains and about the weather then this is the place to start. Information about Online Holidays, vacations, Online Resorts, real estate and property together with finance, stock market and as well as investments reports in Online Newspapers, also look for theater, movies, culture, Online Entertainment, activities and events all covered in Online Newspapers.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, what's a good price for the Common Projects Achilles in white (low)?

They retail at ~$385? But it feels like people typically get these for cheaper...

Under $300 good?

Under $200 possible?

lemonade soda

Reaction score
mid 200's are a pretty decent price for them imo, though you could probably find some that're cheaper if you're really patient

Shirt+Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear

They retail at ~$385? But it feels like people typically get these for cheaper...

Under $300 good?

Under $200 possible?

I personally consider ~$250 to be a good price for brand new Achilles in sizes 41-43. The only time I've seen them for less recently was on yoox and the few good models sold out in a heartbeat.

rebornsoul

Reaction score
i need some mid black achilles in size 40. hook me up if you have or did see one. looked around and only ssense got them.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear

Under $300 good?

Under $200 possible?

Depends on your size

Does your size usually go fast (eg, 41, 42)? If so, $300 might be good

Expect to pay less for the bigger sizes. I always see 43+ for $250 or less

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads