• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Glad these are cheaper because they look cheaper.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
leather doesnt look as nice as usual CP's, but that might just be hard to tell as it's a picture. I don't see stitched soles either, so that definitely contributes to the lower price. I like the navy lowtops

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones with Evisu look something like The Generic Man would make.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
The ones with Evisu look something like The Generic Man would make.

This, at least for the high tops. The low tops are now bad. Might cop blues but I'd have to look in person. I have a feeling these are much worse quality leather.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
leather doesnt look as nice as usual CP's, but that might just be hard to tell as it's a picture. I don't see stitched soles either, so that definitely contributes to the lower price. I like the navy lowtops

The stitched soles on the regular CPs I really like, but really, that's a stylistic choice. There are plenty of very expensive sneakers (more expensive than CPs) that use the same sole, but don't stitch them, in order to get a cleaner look. Neil Barrett's, for example, retail between about $350-$500, and did not have stitched soles until this season (SS10). I mean, seriously, unless you are using exotic skins, construction and leather are minor considerations when we are talking about sneakers that cost a few hundred dollars. Margiela kicks (and I like them and have a few pair) can't cost more than, say, $30 to make, and I doubt that CPs cost much more than that.

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Why the lower price??

time to expand from niche market ,300 + is ridiculous for those shoes and quality isnt anything amazing

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nice sole lol

keds concept?

qma

Reaction score
Shoes would match these:
EVISU%20jean_165.jpg
Why the hell would you want to have anything to do with Evisu?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by qma
Shoes would match these:

EVISU%20jean_165.jpg

Why the hell would you want to have anything to do with Evisu?

To be fair, they've totally revamped their marketing strategy recently and if you look up the DD+1 thread on sufu, the Japanese line (which is a totally different company, really) is as nice as they come.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cocostella those are leather and suede achilles that came out a few years ago.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks London. Like everyone I've dug CPs for a while. I'm 6ft, w/ US11.5-12 shoe size and not all models look decent on me. Those ones sure look like they'd do the trick. Seems kinda hard to track 'em down, from the cursory look I've given it.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can find them, I highly recommend that your purchase them. They're a great shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads