1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

Curious, what size? Is that white or gray?

2. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

I am not sure what size would be best for me on Achilles Low, esp since I hear they run bigger. I'm thinking either 40 or 41.

Nikes - 8.5
    Tretorn - 8
    Alden truebal/barre - 7.5D

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  3. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

What do you guys apply to your suede CPs? Have a pair of tournaments and realized they're not looking all that fresh.

4. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

Size 44. Light grey.

5. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

dependent on whether or not you have a wider foot. im an 11 in nike and 10D in aldens, but a 43 fit in length but not width so i went up to a 44.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I need an 8 in Tretorn, 40 in CP.
    But I was also fine with 8 in Nike though I've only ever tried Blazers

7. LeeroyDaBoy

Well, I thought they were grey. Turns out, they're white.

8. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

anyone know which retailers carry the robert geller collab from this season? nomad doesnt have my size and ssense only have navy

9. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

totokaelo has them, but in navy (I could barely tell they were not black). They are like rare flowers, the black geller hi's.

Speaking of new CP, am I crazy or do the perf achilles fit small? I'm a 42 in the tournaments, rec shoes, and bball, but I had to go up to a 43 in the black perfs. Is this usually the case and I am forgetting? I haven't poked my foot into achilles in years.

10. melonadejello

No such thing as black Gellers.
    Next season there is black w/ black sole

And the summer Achilles are on a thinner sole which yeah, makes them narrower in my experience. 40 is too small for me and 41 is too long :(

11. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

thanks for the headsup on the black, ill be waiting for those instead

12. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

You're probably right on the gellers, the only time i've seen them in 'black' was a grimy web photo so it very well could have just been navy. they're great looking sneakers in person, that said. thanks for confirming i'm not totally crazy re: sizing.

13. deem

deem Senior member

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of finally picking up some Achilles lows. I just have a quick question about their comfort. I'm going to be going to Europe in August. Are the achilles comfortable enough for the large amount of walking I'll be doing while sightseeing? Thanks!

14. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

its a personal thing but i wouldnt. first itll take a bit to break in to their most comfortable. second you'd be far better of with a pair of lightweight athletic shoes. im leaving next week for europe and im bringing my achilles, but for nights and parties. im wearing nikes full time for sightseeing

1 person likes this.
  15. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

I picked up a pair of the green suede achilles (non-summer) a few weeks ago and it is definitely tighter than my older mids (leather) and highs (suede), both of which are slightly loose. The nice thing is, the suede this season doesnt seem to bleed dye like past models.

16. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Have to ask again since I didn't receive a response before. What kind of appliance are you putting on your suede CPs to make them prettier longer?

17. melonadejello

dirt, indigo, snow, rain, and mud. and hot sauce but that was just once.
    edit: ooh milk shakes

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  18. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Sorry to add another sizing question, but after going through the posts I still need some help. I owned achilles summer edition in 43 a while ago (http://www.hypebeast.com/image/2011/04/common-projects-achilles-vintage-low-0.jpg) and these were a little long for me, but I never got the chance to try a 42 on. Just this year I ordered some canvas tournament lows in 42 off yoox (http://oi48.tinypic.com/1zv67b9.jpg) and they were too short in the toe box. I had to sell them to another SF member because I couldn't wear them.

Now I'm looking to pick up some classic achilles low, and I'm wondering if there might have just been some difference in the styles that I've tried.

I wear a 42 in the latest season of wings and horns, 9 US in Chucks, UK 8 in Mark McNairy, and UK 8 in Grenson. So I'm kind of leaning towards a 42, but I'm not sure and I don't have a retailer nearby to try em out.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  19. LeeroyDaBoy

I have two pairs of the tournament canvas lows in a 45. They fit perfect. I also have a pr. of cap toe mids in a 45 which are too long, and I have a pair of original achilles in a 44 which fit snug. BTW, Margiela fits me perfect in a 45, Lanvin fits a little big in a 45. My guess is that a 42 would be right for you in the original achilles low. It seems like the toebox is a shade longer on that versus the tournament canvas. Hope this helps and does not add to the confusion.

1 person likes this.
  20. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

where can i try on achilles in soho (ny)?