1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. leeba

leeba Senior member

Any place to cop Achilles Mid in Black online (preferably not at full retail...)? I've been having issues tracking a pair down...sorry for spam but tis the season of sales after all

2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

you missed that boat i think, i remember ssense and park and bond had them but mostly gone now, people got them mostly at ~30 off

3. hngu7721

hngu7721 Active Member

where's the best place to get the Achilles Low in white? Been looking for a size 42 but have had no luck finding anything below retail.

TIA

4. Leather

Leather Senior member

Nice, I wear my vintage achilles low navy a lot as well

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

That size is tough to find on sale just like 41. If I were you I'd pick up from Tres Bien Shop which is pretty decent once you discount VAT if you're in the US otherwise, keep trying your luck for sales.

6. hngu7721

hngu7721 Active Member

Thanks for the tip and heads up.

Will keep an eye on TBS for inventory availability.

7. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

im in canada, best price i got was from TBS with a code in the middle of the season. TBS retail, -VAT - the code was the best price i ever saw on em, so jumped on that, whites either don't go on sale at stores, or odd sizes are left when they do

8. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

$237 for CPs (including Achilles white lows) from trunk clothiers. Lots of sizes left.

9. hngu7721

hngu7721 Active Member

how did you get $237

Pricing for me is 190 GBP, or $305 shipped

10. fishbones

fishbones Senior member

MAN, if someone from here kopped the CP Chukkas from Trunk (the size UK 7's in bone or grey) and it doesn't work out, let me know.
    What are people's experiences with the sizing on the Suede Chukkas?
    If I am an overall size 9, would 42 look too big? I would put in an insole if it's only slightly big and that's alright with me.

11. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I have a pair of Size 10 Chukkas and they're a tad longer than my 43 lows unless 43 = 9.5 in which case, just go with your achilles size.

12. fishbones

fishbones Senior member

I see!
    Thanks for that, I'm actually not sure of my achilles size, but overall the consensus would be I'm a 41.
    Looks like I'll have to wait until it pops up on the market again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Chukkas fit a little bigger than the Achilles. I'm in between sizes for Achilles but going down 1 for Chukkas would be perfect.

14. London

London Senior member

I'm a 9.5 and the 42 fits me perfect in most cp's

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

For anyone who owns/has handled the CP Combat Boots from this season, how did you size them compared to other CP sneakers and what are your thoughts on them in general? Given the wool lining, I wasn't sure whether to size them the same or size up. Plus I was curious of the leather/crepe sole.

I appreciate the help.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  16. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I'd go same as your sneaker size, maybe size up from shoes/boots. (In my experience with derbies from a year ago and canvas boots from 2.5 years ago, their boots/shoes fit a little bigger than their sneakers.) I'm happy with my pair. The leather is nice, they seem very sturdy. I'm still getting used to the crepe sole, not used to boots without heels. My only complaint is that I find them a little hard to put on, there's no tab or anything really to grab on to, but I'm getting better at it.

17. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Thanks for the info. I am not used to boots with no heel either so I was wondering about that myself although they seem they would be pretty comfortable. Doesn't seem the go-to pair for wearing in wet/snow, but good for other weather. A pull tab option would have been a good well though out call.

From pictures, they seemed to be a nice pair of casual boots to pair with jeans/chinos when I don't feel like wearing sneakers or I'm not wearing my true winter boots.

18. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

They'd definitely work for that.

I think the lack of pull tab is because they wanted to be very minimal in that area of the boot, no eyelets or speed hooks. All the action is going on with the sole and welt. Unfortunately a bit of a functional drawback.

19. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

@tonio, im going to answer you here for others to be able to read it as well
    i sized the same as my achilles low size, i think their a great boot. wanted a black pair and ended up with brown because i tried them on just for size and couldnt not have them, regardless of the colour

i've added some pairs to my collection so i'll reference my sizing again, i find achilles low (44) to bit a little long on me, but a 43 is way too tight, so all my achilles are 44, and i can't wear achilles high in a 44 because they are just to big all over, and can't wear them comfortably
    desert boots, rg*cp oxfords, and vintage bball i went with a 43 in all of them, my db's are suede and have much less form they achilles so they aren't tight, and have the perfect length, the oxfords just fit perfectly in a 43, and the bball likewise, being a higher shoe a 44 just didnt work

1 person likes this.
  20. kingsfull

kingsfull Well-Known Member

Oops.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012