• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

pasteurisation

Reaction score
@elisiX Thanks for kindly mentioning the sizing again. I appreciate it.
I'll go for a half size down in Derbies as the shoes are not padded and that I have slightly wider feet.
I'll place an insole if they are longer. That's all. Thanks you all for replying to my question.

89andy

Reaction score
so is the consensus that derbies fit slightly larger than achilles because of the lack of padding?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so is the consensus that derbies fit slightly larger than achilles because of the lack of padding?

Not in my experience, but I guess all feet are not created equal. I take the same size in the Achilles as I do in the Derbies from this season and in past seasons. I find the Derbies to fit/feel a tad wider, but not that noticeable to alter from my sneaker sizing.

Last edited:

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score

Not in my experience, but I guess all feet are not created equal. I take the same size in the Achilles as I do in the Derbies from this season and in past seasons. I find the Derbies to fit/feel a tad wider, but not that noticeable to alter from my sneaker sizing.

Are the derbies this season the 'cadet' model with the long white heel tab? If so, is it possible to tuck the tabs in all the way so that they are not visible? Im trying to decide if they're usable for dressier purposes :D

quicksilverXP

Reaction score
Anyone have any size experience with the current Chelsea boots (the ones with crepe soles) in relation to Achilles sizing?

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
Anyone have the leather slip-on's from this past F/W13 season? I got the black leather slip-ons in size 44 ( I have the fw 12 grey suede chukkas - fit good overall) and they fit perfect other than the toe box. I have just the right amount of room from my toes to the front of the shoe/toe box, but the height of the toe box is the problem. My big toe has some pressure on top of it due to the height being really low, and whenever I take a step it's noticeable/ could be uncomfortable (my guess if i actually wear them/walk a lot). Does anyone have any idea on how to maybe stretch it out a little so it's not so noticeable. Again its just on top of my big toe where I feel the upper. I thought about wearing thick socks and just doing that for some time, but I don't want to stretch out the rest of the shoe. Thoughts? Will it go away with time? I haven;t worn them just because I don't want to take value off the shoe if I decide to get rid of them. I'm worried that 45 will look like clown shoes. I've been told that they'll break in, and feel fine but I'm curious if anyone has had this issue who have the slip-ons?

Last edited:

Staticbolt

Reaction score
Are there any issues with the leather eyelets on the Achilles ripping? I have a pair of vintage suede ones an I've been trying not to pull too hard while lacing them up because the leather around the eyelets seems like it is being stretched pretty easily.

Last edited:

Slh

Reaction score
looking to buy the original achilles low.
I'm a size 42 in most of my sneakers. I have normal/ narrow feet, should I go with a 41?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if your feet aren't wide and you don't have a high vamp, downsizing should be fine.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really into red sneakers but depending on how dark these are IRL I might be tempted

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't like the look of that thinner profile sole.

The dark burgundy / oxblood of the outgoing model was very nice.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the latest vintage models (and any others which are padded), I need a 42. 

I wear a US9 generally, 8.5D Barrie and UK8 in dress shoes. 

Exact same sizing experiences for me too.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
From the Sales thread...

Gentleman... I'm about to send back some Common Projects Achilles Low's in size 45 in the Navy/White Sole colorway by tomorrow or Friday if anybody is interested in them, I got them for the sale price on Norse Store $225. Wanted give the SF Fam an opportunity before they go back to the trenches and disappear in the Norse abyss. (******* idiots)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads