1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Yoyo's CPs do look heavily worn, but he others following from the others which are also ruined are not trashed.

I've had 2 pairs which tore along the sole stitch line but they were the Tournament Suede Lows.

Never had any issues with the lined models, so am surprised as I believed the above pairs to be lined/stronger.

That said, mine tore right through at the ball on both, and we're unlined. These are treating in other places.

2. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

2 days after acquiring my first CP I already want another pair :satisfied: I'm eyeing for the original vintage low in black & white, preferably the leather ones. now before I make the splurge, are there other cheaper options? I've looked at the CP Alternatives thread but I'm not satisfied with the suggestions (superga, stan smith). also, how to know when a store has their CP's on sale? thank you very much.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  3. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I would just save up for the original Achilles.

Most CPs go on sale at the end of every season F/W + S/S. Not sure about the white/black Achilles though, they usually sell out before then or at first drop.

4. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Yeah, that's the problem. Even when they're on sale, there are usually only the big sizes left.

5. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

this. what size are you trying to find on sale? i got my black low achilles for 50 off, but that was more luck than anything, just kept checking all stockists around sale time. white achilles low i never found on a big sale, but got a good price from TBS, with a coupon code + at the time there was a good exchange rate. main thing is your size though, dont see 39-42 in the mainline stuff on sale. im a 44 btw

6. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I'm a 43. 42 can do but it'll be snug.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If it's something that you really want, just buy at the best retail price that you can find. Probably tres bien is your best bet.

1 person likes this.
  8. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Tres bien is good, but I'll just lurk around the classifieds and eBay. I don't need it fast (and new) anyway :)

9. Piqued

Piqued Member

Just a quick question: Is the sizing for the derbies the same as the Achilles?

10. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Buy from tres bien at retail or early season coupon code. Theyll still be 20% off. Or from the corner now they have a 20%.

11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Yes, same as the non-padded regular Achilles.

12. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

starting to like the blue leather version. any suggestion to buy it at good price in Europe?

13. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I need some advice for my next CP purchase. The options are these (just generally since they may vary a bit depending on season):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm planning to wear them with my skinny (7" hem) black (united dry black/black) and/or light grey (n&f arctic) jeans. which do you think will be the most suitable model for each jeans and the most versatile one so I can wear it with either jeans? I also have indigo jeans but I assume black sneakers like these don't look too hot if worn with indigo jeans?

your input will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  14. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

All black lows if you can find them.

15. random-guy

random-guy Member

low achilles white are the most versatile

16. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

yeah they're handsome, but my doubt is due to the common thinking that black shoes are hard to pull off. does it not apply to CP or something? :/

for all-white shoes I already ordered a pair of superga.

17. brian11

brian11 Member

Anyone else have experience with the perforated low?

I got a pair of this season's black perforated lows. I'm a size 10 in Vans, size 10 in most Nikes, sometimes 10.5.

I got size 43, and it was long and not that tight; there was even some heel lift. I've jsut sent them back for a pair of 42.

Is that normal? I read somewhere that SS '12, the perforated fit smaller.

18. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

^^^ that's right. I'm same here as well.

19. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

They are just a little tighter due to the slimmer sole I believe.

20. brian11

brian11 Member

Really? Maybe its the leather of the uppers.

I found them long (as per the norm) but I did not find them slim or restrictive at all. I have regular sized feet, maybe slightly wider than regular, but not wide, and I was wearing moderately thick athletic socks. Despite the width of my feet +socks, I was getting a bit of foot shift and heel lift.

I've got a pair of achilles vintage in 43 coming in tomorrow, I'll see how the fit compares, but I defintiely did have to size down on the perforated.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014