• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think sizing is different for everyone - mostly depending on the width of your feet.

I have wide feet as an example. 

41 in Suede Tournament (no padding)
42 in Achilies / Vintage (padding)
42 in GAT's
7.5G UK in Grenson
8UK in McNairy/MrHare
41.5 in Buttero

My feet are regular width, so hopefully the 42s work. I'll find out when they arrive on Friday, I guess!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived today, the 42s fit great. Good thing my feet aren't wide, though.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

Saw a few new season models in person today. Keen!

Last edited:

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone succeeded in taking the insoles out of their achilles lows? I normally wear orthotics so they're pretty uncomfortable without them, but if getting the insoles out isn't terribly hard I may try it (they seem glued down). Otherwise I may have to just sell them and move on to a different shoe.

I had no problem at all with mine, they weren't glued in place or anything.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
elisix how much room do you have in front of your toes for not sizing down on the padded models?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a lot.

I own a couple pairs, suede tournament lows in 41 and the fit fine, if a littler tight in the toe box. However a 41 in achilies tore my heels to shreds. Very painful. So 42 in the achilies seemed to work fine, but no massive gap in the toe. Seems I'm a little all over the place with shoes as I'm a 42 in GATs but even they feel like they could be a little tight if I happen to be wearing thicker socks. However I'm an 8D/8.5D in Alden Barrie.

beowolf

Reaction score
Are there any deals on CPs right now? I own a pair of black mids and I love them. Looking for my second pair.

linds_15

Reaction score

Are there any deals on CPs right now? I own a pair of black mids and I love them. Looking for my second pair.

you just missed the boat on that one, you may find some stores still with stock on sale, for the most part they went on sale in the summer and now all the new fall stock is in

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cheapest you'll probably find is TBS with the TVA exclusion (if you're not in the EU). Otherwise like linds_15 said all the stores just got their new inventory so no sales for a while

beowolf

Reaction score
Thanks,

I found a pair at YOOX for a good price after using the one time code they gave me. During what times of the year do they typically go on sale?

Last edited:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I found a pair at YOOX for a good price after using the one time code they gave me. During what times of the year do they typically go on sale?

Just FYI those are white. The site lists them as grey but they are 100% white. I just returned them.

beowolf

Reaction score

Just FYI those are white.  The site lists them as grey but they are 100% white.  I just returned them.

So I am buying the same pair you returned? Freaky :wow:
I actually want them to be more white than light grey so that works out.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I am buying the same pair you returned? Freaky
wow.gif

I actually want them to be more white than light grey so that works out.

Looks that way. Tried to see if a 45 would fit me, no way. The box even says White haha...

beowolf

Reaction score

Looks that way.  Tried to see if a 45 would fit me, no way.  The box even says White haha...

Cool. I am a little pissed since YOOX charged my card twice, they said they would work it out though.. This will be my second pair, I bought a black pair last year. I wear them like they are made of glass, too afraid of wearing them out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads