1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

Hm I'm not a fan of those navy Achilles although I usually like dark Achilles with white soles.

2. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Seems like there are a bunch of new models at End.

3. youblewit

youblewit Member

Hmm Interesting, what do you guys think of the Chelsea boots?

4. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

If I was after a Chelsea boot, I'd probably look elsewhere. Likely from a British shoemaker like Loake/Church's.

5. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

TTS on the vintage high?

6. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

So if I'm an 8.5 in regular sneakers (Nike etc), would I want a 41 in the achilles low or all the way down to 40?

7. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

I think it'd depend on how you like your shoes to fit. I'm an 8 in Nike, and I have both 39 and 40 in Achilles lows and mids. I normally like my shoes to have slight room, and I've found that while the 39 is perfect lengthwise, it's too perfect widthwise - as in, I'd like more room widthwise. the 40 is definitely a bit too long, but width is perfect.
    hope this helped.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

thanks for the clarity i had no idea shoe fit was subjective and open to preference.

9. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

lol damn, didn't think that'd offend anyone.
    why don't you propose a better way to approach a question that asks how a specific model of shoe from a specific brand fits?
    obviously what you said is a given, but it's possible to clarify within the given premises.
    as someone who owns the Achilles, I was just trying to help someone who's clearly not very familiar with the model; I don't see anything inherently offensive or wrong about that.

10. phonics

phonics Well-Known Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of an online store that has EU 43 - Achilles Low Black w/White Sole in stock

[​IMG]

11. Cole

Cole Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  12. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Reeeaaally should have read this thread before pulling the trigger on my black suede tournament highs. Usually a 10.5 - 11, and bought the 43, Perfect on the length, but really far too narrow. Might try for a few wears to see if they stretch, but I doubt it.

13. Cole

Cole Senior member

exact same deal with me. here is what I wrote to another user in regards to a question about stretching:

Mine were very uncomfortable around the instep (laces/toes area) when I first recieved them, to the point where my feet would have terrible blisters and I could hardly walk. After a few miles of walking, about a week, they were stretched out to the point where the were very comfortable. The stretching did affect the silhouette of the sneakers, though. It made them wider right above the sole. Not really a huge issue but some people don't like it. So you have to decide if you want to deal with the break in period and the slightly widened shape. I ended up selling mine because I wore my vans more. Little things like the extra width and thickness threw me off. They are very nice sneakers, but not for everyone. Hope this helped, anymore questions just let me know!

-Cole

14. superego

superego Senior member

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Does Ssense not carry CPs anymore? I'm having trouble finding any retailers carrying EU 38s.

16. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

They just haven't gotten them in yet for this season

17. superego

superego Senior member

anywhere to get the cp perforated summer lows in size US 11? been looking around, but seem to be sold out at all of the usual suspects

18. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

TotokaleoMAN. 43 and 44 still available in both white and black, but at retail...

19. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

Are there all white or black upper/white sole Achilles on sale? looking for a sale 42

20. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Does anyone have experience with the Achilles Mids? How do you like them?