1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

^ Odin or Creatures of Comfort

1 person likes this.
  2. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

Unis.

3. Pelotonia

Pelotonia Well-Known Member

I might have a very strange question for which I could not find any answer, so I decided to ask it here.

How do your feet smell usually after a day of wearing CP? I am currently using Geox and quite frankly have no problem with feet smell after a day even in the current heat and humidity. However, I cannot like any of their current models and want something simple and classic like the tan version in the current CP collection. I wear only cotton or only merino socks. I am afraid that CP being leather, I might end up smelling like when I wore adidas snickers.

4. matt1985

matt1985 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here own a pair of arctic boots? I'm buying a pair off another user here, just want to know the best way to look after the leather. Will be my first pair of common projects, so not familiar on their leather. Can I chuck some obenaufs or filsons oil on them?

5. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

Zero smell associated with mine and I wear my lows barefoot all the time, plus I sweat a lot. In fact, I think the leather helps, not hinders. Not sure if I can go back to canvas lined kicks...

1 person likes this.
  6. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

Need sizing info, couldn't find anything with a quick search. Do the CP derbies fit any differently from the sneakers? Do they tend to run, even a tiny bit, small or large? How comfortable are they?

7. deem

deem Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I am thinking of picking up a pair of the leather rec shoes. Do they fit about the same size-wise as the Achilles? Also, is the general consensus that they are comfortable? I haven't been able to find many comments on them. Thanks!

8. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

They have the thinner sole and I am sure I read that they taper off more as a result.

Therefore i'd say buy them TTS, not sized down.

9. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

Do CPs come in half sizes? 39 is too tight while 40 is long. The pains of having wide feet :(

10. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

I have the wedge derbies from last year. They fit a size smaller than my Achilles (so true to size then).

11. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

hmm, i picked up a pair of rec sneakers off the ssense sale and i sized down. good price at $116. i hope they fit...otherwise they'll be on b&s next week.

12. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

Can anyone please help me find (pic below) the black/white achilles low winter model from last year in size 42. I would also appreciate a heads up on the cheapest place to find the all white pair, it seems I'm always one step late to the sales.

[​IMG]

13. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Well-Known Member

Hi Golf - I have a pair of the black ones in that size that I've been wondering what to do with as I never wear them. I think they've been worn about three times and are in almost mint condition. The bottom of the soles are a bit darkened with dust/dirt etc but I can wash that out. No box. If you're interested does $200 + postage sound reasonable? I'm in the UK..London.

14. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great coincidence. That's great. Thank you [​IMG] I will pm you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  15. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

This kind of stuff really belongs in a PM. Otherwise there will be a whole waterfall of people advertising their shoes in this thread :(

16. thomasec

thomasec Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the black perforated achilles in stock anywhere? Preferably on sale.

17. keanswon

keanswon Well-Known Member

I don't know if you mean the completely black ones, or the black ones with the white soles, but the latter is on sale at Ssense. extra 20% off today on sale items, too.

18. magro

magro Active Member

Has there been any new news on Common Projects' supposed new line, that would be cheaper than their mainline?

19. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

cancelled due to quality control issues