• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

ghostdog123

Reaction score
..are now stocked by the gilt "corner"-esque spin-off site.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the premium achilles? If so, thoughts after wearing?

tan ones on P&B are nice

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Just looking at webshop pics, construction on the premium achilles seems to be a mixed bag. The border runner around the base of the upper is nice and thin on some of them while others have a rather large (and ugly) and somewhat uneven one. I'm kinda surprised this wasn't a part of CP's quality control :confused:.

thick border: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/common_projects/premium_achilles_sneakers/40922
(that heel area construction is :uhoh: for what you pay for)

edit: that being said, the design is definitely growing on me but with the border variation, I probably won't be ordering any of these...

Last edited:

alex99

Reaction score
I think the choice of the word "premium" for the new sneakers is unfortunate. It just makes paying upwards of $400.00 for "non premium" sneakers seem even crazier than before. The CP brand is already seen as a premium sneaker brand. Just call these new sneakers "blue steel" or something.

Based on looks, I'm not convinced the premium models brings much to the table.

Last edited:

Arizor

Reaction score
Wow, that heel construction is abysmal. Let's hope that's the exception rather than the norm.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just looking at webshop pics, construction on the premium achilles seems to be a mixed bag. The border runner around the base of the upper is nice and thin on some of them while others have a rather large (and ugly) and somewhat uneven one. I'm kinda surprised this wasn't a part of CP's quality control :confused:.

thick border: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/common_projects/premium_achilles_sneakers/40922
(that heel area construction is :uhoh: for what you pay for)

edit: that being said, the design is definitely growing on me but with the border variation, I probably won't be ordering any of these...

The border is actually way thicker at the toe on the navy pair at Colette
I thought at first it might look different on different sizes but the whites on SSense and the navy on Colette are both size 40 and look way different
Sorta confused about the difference but I don't particularly find one or the other offensive

Actually I think the one on Colette is the way its supposed to be because its even all the way around...
Looks like a pretty traditional toe seam for a sneaker. SSense's is more sloped. Other pictures show thicker at the front, thinner in the middle. Need Supply's tan pair is has a totally crooked toe seam
"desirable aspects of handmade sneakers" lol
Who knows, but that crooked back seam is pretty embarassing, though not something you'd notice while wearing, but they are still $400 sneakers :shrug:
I honestly think I would be able to live with it if I was going to buy them

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/30689646/common-projects-sneakers-premium-achilles/89/

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/common-projects/premium-achilles.html

Here is a good picture though for the "hurr durr they look chunky" crowd

effang

Reaction score
So all bball high's for this season are all in the gum sole? Did other season bball high's have different soles?

Thanks

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't see too much discussion about CP leather tourney? Any particular reason...Too chuck like perhaps?

Anyone who owns them care to expand upon the quality of the leather compared to the achilles and the versatility? Are these ideally suited for black and gray denim/chinos?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So all bball high's for this season are all in the gum sole? Did other season bball high's have different soles?

Thanks

no in the past they where the colour of the given upper. And yes this season is gum.

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by gum? When I think gum, I think the sole of adidas sambas or GATs, or better yet the CP gum soles from last year.

The BBall highs have the vintage'd sole, but it's not gum.

Gum

"vintage"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads