1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 11-12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LeatherSOUL, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Not sure man, would be all over some bball highs. Had a flick around their facebook but couldn't find anything.

2. Edris

Edris Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

4. palma

palma Senior member

Are those FW 12? Look a lot like the past seasons collection, but who knows. Has the whole FW12 collection been posted?

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Those are fw12, the suede tourneys with the toe cap and the shiny DBs with a gum sole and the wood/wedge sole boots are pictured, and the red and green achilles highs from ss12 were two tone leather/suede with a white tongue and colored laces so those ones there are new.

6. hangten

hangten Senior member

I checked with TBS and they said they have another shipment coming in with different models/colors.

7. twisted

twisted Well-Known Member

So I've been going through cognitive dissonance which I believe is the correct term about my sizing dilemna. Its driving me crazy and im finally looking for some closure. Im simply not sure if I should sell my current achilles mid because I feel they are too big. I am a 40. I tried a 39 and they were tight but was wondering if they would stretch out willingly over time. I sent em back which costed money =\. Im wearing the 40 right now and clomp after a while if I dont tie my laces tight. I was staring at them in the mirror and I just felt like they look too big =\ although I am aware they are long shoes that taper hard.

Here is a picture illustrating the amount of space between my big toe and the end of the shoe. Is this about right? Or would a 39 have been better D: What about everyone here who wears achilles, is there about half an inch of space? Should I just stfu and live with it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^That sounds like exactly the same issue I have, and I'm in between those same sizes. My 40s are a little bit roomy, but the 39's I've tried have just been too tight, even after giving them time to stretch out. I'd say you should probably just stick with the 40, and maybe see if getting some sort of insert doesn't help remove some of the extra space without making them too tight. Just my .02 though

9. twisted

But the creasing bothers me as well, forgot to add that. As you can see there is a big crease where my toe ends PROBABLY beacuse of the extra space. I love these shoes but damn the sizing. Im looking at this as an investment so that I dont have to buy other shoes. These are it for me :).

Edit: Wait a min you have a 39 too?> Are they mids or lows? How much have you worn them and they havent stretched out much? So that means I made the RIGHT CHOICE? Im thinking of stuffing toilet paper in. These euros need to make half sizes

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

It might depend on your foot shape. I'm definitely on the wider side, so no matter what size, CPs will not fit and will not be comfortable.

My solution was to spend my $ on MMMs, with the rise in CP prices, it's same availability and pricing basically.

1 person likes this.
  11. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^^I had a pair of 39 high tops, and I wore them and wore them, and they were never comfortable, eventually had to sell them.

12. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

yeah i think CP will work perfectly if you have narrow to slightly narrow feet because then your toes can actually fit all the way. Otherwise, you're gonna have some space in the front, if that's the case then like dbear said MMM will be a lot more comfortable

13. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

To avoid the creases, especially if you said, you view this as an investment, you should use shoe trees.

14. twisted

Thanks for all the advice. A shoe tree looks like it would stretch the shoe no?

15. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I don't have a ton of experience with alot of shoe trees, but I guess it depends on how much it presses. I'm sure you could get ones with much lighter or no springs in them if that's what you're worried about.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Not appreciably

17. rustledjimmies

rustledjimmies Senior member

just got my black premiums ..size 39...i sized down...a bit snug....i know there is talk of stretching..or should i sell..

think there is any interest?

18. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

winter premiums warm grey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

looks great. Is the leather the same as that on the regular achilles? I noticed these 'premiums' are priced lower than the original ones...maybe CP realized nothing is gonna sell better than the originals after the first premium iterations flopped

20. mr monty

mr monty Senior member