• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wear them. Don't think about babying them when you have them on, but don't wear them somewhere that they are going to get trampled either.

nineohtoo

Reaction score

I think the cut may be different than both Achilles and the captoes... they all seem to fit differently for me.

I agree with that for the most part, I meant that they would be worn similarly. I think achilles and similar looking CPs usually look better with a straight leg and maybe a cuff as opposed to something skinny with stacks. Something seems off to me when they're worn with the latter. But that might just be me.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Court lowwwsss sssssooooo ugggglyyy

Mids on the other hand...

I had the white mids for a bit. the wider spacing for the lacing at the bottom of the foot vs the top of the foot looks ******* marsupialed in every way imo.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just got a new pair of achilles in black
you guys recommend to beat the **** out of it or baby them sorta ?

If it were me, I'd rub Obenauf's while they're still crisp and new then do the former. Blacks can go through so much more abuse than white's and still look good.

I tend to like my whites when I'm out sober and blacks when out drinking.

Last edited:

chiggah

Reaction score
How much will the achilles stretch in general ?

I got an EU 41 and it's a bit snug like just fitted at the moment

systematic

Reaction score
If they're half a size off, they'll stretch out within a couple days of wearing. If more, obviously size up.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
i bought some brown chukkas in 40 and im normally a 7.5 in dress shoes (allen edmond) and 8 in sneakers.

the width of my chukka is right on and i get no slippage or anything but i have an extra inch in the toebox.

but i can't advance my foot further into the toebox at all so i wonder if this is the right size for me or if its 39...

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score

i bought some brown chukkas in 40 and im normally a 7.5 in dress shoes (allen edmond) and 8 in sneakers.
the width of my chukka is right on and i get no slippage or anything but i have an extra inch in the toebox.
but i can't advance my foot further into the toebox at all so i wonder if this is the right size for me or if its 39...

bump

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with that for the most part, I meant that they would be worn similarly. I think achilles and similar looking CPs usually look better with a straight leg and maybe a cuff as opposed to something skinny with stacks. Something seems off to me when they're worn with the latter. But that might just be me.

ya.. I agree completely... not just you. :)

sexandcandy

Reaction score
some new models this season

"rec shoe" low-profile sole

1327181329.jpg

1327181340.jpg

1327181342.jpg

1327181343.jpg

"work boot" also comes in black

1327181372.jpg

1327181375.jpg

1327181373.jpg

1327181377.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads