• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have the chukka with the dress soles? looking for some real life fit pics

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats the difference between the cp achilles highs and the cp totalblacks? They look the same...

they do look the same.... I can't say. I know the captoe highs definitely fit differently from Achilles. Those total blacks on Wrong Weather?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had no idea wtf the you were talking about, but now I see them on WW.
Those are made of rubber (rubberized leather?) from a couple years ago. They are Achilles

In general I think if you can google a phrase and find that it has only been used on the internet once ever, then its probably just a store labeling it weird.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had no idea wtf the you were talking about, but now I see them on WW.
Those are made of rubber (rubberized leather?) from a couple years ago. They are Achilles
In general I think if you can google a phrase and find that it has only been used on the internet once ever, then its probably just a store labeling it weird.

that's what I was thinking.... just what WW called them but not CP's jargon.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like those blue/black contrast lows... call me crazy.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they ever going to do those training boots again from a few seasons ago?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got these today...I just wanted to report my experience between old CPs/new CPs. I had old BBall highs in patent leather and I loved them, but they were too narrow at the toe and too loose at the heel.
New pair is way better. Not only do they fit perfectly, but everything feels more solid, lining is nicer, stitching is more even and accurate and they are just put together better. I guess some of this could just be attributed to patent leather being harder to work with, but I've never seen the original plain leather ones to compare to.

Reaction score
I bought the white vintage pair a few months ago and low and behold someone had a pair of the unworn white OG BBalls for sale on here so I bought those too (sold the vintage as I like the all white better). I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Both amazing quality and all...

I got these today...I just wanted to report my experience between old CPs/new CPs. I had old BBall highs in patent leather and I loved them, but they were too narrow at the toe and too loose at the heel.
New pair is way better. Not only do they fit perfectly, but everything feels more solid, lining is nicer, stitching is more even and accurate and they are just put together better. I guess some of this could just be attributed to patent leather being harder to work with, but I've never seen the original plain leather ones to compare to.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, it could have had a lot to do with the patent, or I could have just gotten an unlucky pair :/. I ripped one of the stitches at the ankle after the first week and the toe box was sunken lower to the sole making them too narrow. Can't explain why the heel was so loose either, I had to put a half insole in them. :shrug:
Happy now anyway

Last edited:

larryr

Reaction score
Good to hear, i've been wanting to pick up a pair of the BBall's in white. How is the sizing? typical for CP?

Where'd you get them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics