• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the laces, but if they are laced like this:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/shoeshoplacing.htm
then I would suggest redoing it to one of these
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/sawtoothlacing.htm they might already be like this, can't really tell
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm
or even
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/crisscrosslacing.htm might look good since they are basically Chucks.

I think any of them help the fit and give you more control over tightening and loosening and easier to put on/take off.
I'll admit that I am rather obsessive/weird about these types of things.

Last edited:

wppp1000

Reaction score
man these sneakers are so dope would love an all black pair.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've got some size 45 bball vintage high in black for sale. Gonna return them if no one wants them by Friday.

You owe me and j $300. Not kidding. Send money to styleforum.financial at gmail dot com

It wasn't like you weren't warned.

Also, let's find better insults than "******". Thanks guys.

Edit: You've got about 3 hours. It's about 5: pm PST right now.

Last edited:

2 Legit 2 Quit

Reaction score
if i'm a 9/9.5 ...should i go with a size 8 or 9 in the common projects achilles, they look like they have irregular sizing like converses. I'm also lookin at a pair of twins for peace which look to have the same sizing

^for anyone who owns common projects achilles or shoes similar btw

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if i'm a 9/9.5 ...should i go with a size 8 or 9 in the common projects achilles, they look like they have irregular sizing like converses. I'm also lookin at a pair of twins for peace which look to have the same sizing

If you are a size 9.5 on the Brannock device, a size 42 in the Achilles would be your best bet. CPs run long and narrow.

Last edited:

Family Death

Reaction score
so then achilles are never perfect for the length but only for width?

Pretty much..

Mine are just a bit long, but they're snug width wise. They feel great though, really comfortable.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You owe me and j $300. Not kidding. Send money to styleforum.financial at gmail dot com
It wasn't like you weren't warned.
Also, let's find better insults than "******". Thanks guys.
Edit: You've got about 3 hours. It's about 5: pm PST right now.

Seattlesf just got a week off. We'll hear from him Christmas Eve. Look people, when I say "Excuse me, kindly do not use the main SW&D forum as the B&S forum," I expect you to listen. It's soooooooooooo easy.

In related news, loving my new black shelltoe highs with the laces switched out for white ones. Dunno who had issues with their leather, but mine are buttery soft, but thick.

Last edited:

*#..

Reaction score

I'm assuming you mean 9/9.5 in sneakers like nike since you're saying chucks are sized weird. Go get your feet measured on a brannock (any shoe retailer). If you're 8/8.5 on a brannock take a 41.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did. The leather on the brown highs. I've been a fan since the beginning when they were first sold at NDG. I still have my first pair and there is no comparison to then and now.

povatix

Reaction score
anyone else have a problem with their achilles lo creasing such that the leather digs into the area below the nail of your big toe? my s/s2011 vintage lo's seem fine but then again the leather on them are buttery soft compared to the whites

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think any of them help the fit and give you more control over tightening and loosening and easier to put on/take off.
I'll admit that I am rather obsessive/weird about these types of things.

thx melon... i'm experimenting with some of those different styles! will update :nodding:

16simon

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone got the 2011 Officer Boots and can help with the sizing? There's lots of info about how the trainers size up, but none for these boots....

Frenchtoast

Reaction score
yo la guy,

or anyone else who has the shell toe highs

did you get your achilles size? or do they run big/small?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics