• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fok, can you take quick pic of your cp collection :foo:
and what do you think of the leather quality debate of new cps.

Having about 20 pairs, most in leather, I'd say that the leather quality varies a lot. Some models seem about the same all the time (Achilles). The summer ones are invariably softer and more supple, but also, less rugged. My latest pair, the shelltoes - I'd seen them in the showroom, and my pair is butttery soft. The fact is that cost of the leather compared to the wholesale, is miniscule, and I would be very hesitant to believe any type of conspiracy theory. On the other hand, it's harder to keep QA/QC when you are scaling up your business, so I could see some factories taking a shortcut here and there, and CP not being the wiser.

Last edited:

nineohtoo

Reaction score

I wore the black shelltoe highs, and for about 2 days, I couldn't figure out why they didn't feel quite right. Then, I realized that they had black laces in, which is just a bit too much black. Changed them out for white laces, and like them much more. Now, I am pretty much literally wearing my uniform of Chucks and jeans, except that all my jeans cost about 2x the price they used to, and the "Chucks" retail for literally 10x as much as actual Chucks. They are nice though, and I didn't pay anywhere near retail.

Any pics? I actually liked the black shell toe highs in photos, as I love chucks. But when got them from SSense, I didn't like how they looked when worn. I'm not sure if my jean's small leg opening and stacks look too weird with it or if I need something like a change of laces. I thought it might be that there was too much fabric up top, but it could be just the lack of contrast like you said. It's weird though because I wear my black training boots and desert boots and they look fine to me with all the stacks.

Family Death

Reaction score
Any pics? I actually liked the black shell toe highs in photos, as I love chucks. But when got them from SSense, I didn't like how they looked when worn. I'm not sure if my jean's small leg opening and stacks look too weird with it or if I need something like a change of laces. I thought it might be that there was too much fabric up top, but it could be just the lack of contrast like you said. It's weird though because I wear my black training boots and desert boots and they look fine to me with all the stacks.

+1

Yes, I'd love to see some pictures of the shell toe highs being worn.. !

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Yes, I'd love to see some pictures of the shell toe highs being worn.. !

ok... here ya go! I just quick pic'd these b/c I saw your post... what do you think of the laces? Would they be better w/ dark grey or black? I dunno....white wouldn't be good but I was thinking about changing the brown. Anyway.....

Family Death

Reaction score
mm.. I like them.
inlove.gif

And I think I would stick with the brown laces.. I don't see anything wrong with em !

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mm.. I like them. :inlove:

And I think I would stick with the brown laces.. I don't see anything wrong with em !

Ya I don't dislike the brown... was just trying to think of some options that might add a little personal, unique flair to them... I have an extra pair of round, grey laces I might try just for the hell of it to see how they look. Thanks tho'.... today was only the 2nd time I've worm 'em... I'm liking them too! :fonz:

Kross

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with the tongue of their CPs moving to one side?

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shell toes are really great. They look really sleek worn. Kind of want a pair.

Reaction score
Here's my CP collection:

Training Boot (olive/leather), BBall (white/leather), Tournament (black/canvas), Achilles Mid (black/leather), Desert Boot (tan/suede), Tournament Velcro (white/perforated leather) and not pictured; Achilles Low (grey/leather). All size 45 and all fit exactly the same. Haven't had a chance to try on the washed versions though. Has anyone got a pair of the grey suede BBalls?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hate to point out stuff like this, but these look too big to me. If the next size down is too narrow I might at least suggest an insole or half insole to help fill out the ankle better.
Better to realize now rather than later.
Could just be the awkward pics but looks goofy

Also, looks like they could use a relacing, is that the way they came?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my CP collection:

Training Boot (olive/leather), BBall (white/leather), Tournament (black/canvas), Achilles Mid (black/leather), Desert Boot (tan/suede), Tournament Velcro (white/perforated leather) and not pictured; Achilles Low (grey/leather).  All size 45 and all fit exactly the same.  Haven't had a chance to try on the washed versions though.  Has anyone got a pair of the grey suede BBalls?

Can you do a snapshot of those bball hi's with jeans?

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hate to point out stuff like this, but these look too big to me. If the next size down is too narrow I might at least suggest an insole or half insole to help fill out the ankle better.
Better to realize now rather than later.
Could just be the awkward pics but looks goofy
Also, looks like they could use a relacing, is that the way they came?

actually I tried on 42 but they were too small and I did in fact just buy an extra thin insole to put in them but I was so eager to try them out I hadn't done so yet. They actually fit fine but I know what you mean about the ankle....I think w/ the insole they'll be ok. I took those pix very quickly and at a weird angle so I think that has at least a bit to do w/ them looking a little goofy. And ya those are the original laces... I've only had them for about 5 days. Do they look old or something? What made you suggest relacing? Just curious. I was considering a different color lace... dark grey, black? Whataya think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads