Common Projects F/W 11-12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LeatherSOUL, Jul 27, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Having about 20 pairs, most in leather, I'd say that the leather quality varies a lot. Some models seem about the same all the time (Achilles). The summer ones are invariably softer and more supple, but also, less rugged. My latest pair, the shelltoes - I'd seen them in the showroom, and my pair is butttery soft. The fact is that cost of the leather compared to the wholesale, is miniscule, and I would be very hesitant to believe any type of conspiracy theory. On the other hand, it's harder to keep QA/QC when you are scaling up your business, so I could see some factories taking a shortcut here and there, and CP not being the wiser.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

2. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Any pics? I actually liked the black shell toe highs in photos, as I love chucks. But when got them from SSense, I didn't like how they looked when worn. I'm not sure if my jean's small leg opening and stacks look too weird with it or if I need something like a change of laces. I thought it might be that there was too much fabric up top, but it could be just the lack of contrast like you said. It's weird though because I wear my black training boots and desert boots and they look fine to me with all the stacks.

3. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

+1

Yes, I'd love to see some pictures of the shell toe highs being worn.. !

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ok... here ya go! I just quick pic'd these b/c I saw your post... what do you think of the laces? Would they be better w/ dark grey or black? I dunno....white wouldn't be good but I was thinking about changing the brown. Anyway.....

5. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

mm.. I like them. [​IMG]

And I think I would stick with the brown laces.. I don't see anything wrong with em !

6. Kid Nickels

Ya I don't dislike the brown... was just trying to think of some options that might add a little personal, unique flair to them... I have an extra pair of round, grey laces I might try just for the hell of it to see how they look. Thanks tho'.... today was only the 2nd time I've worm 'em... I'm liking them too! :fonz:

7. Kross

Kross Senior member

Does anyone else have a problem with the tongue of their CPs moving to one side?

8. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Those shell toes are really great. They look really sleek worn. Kind of want a pair.

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

This happens to me on every pair of sneakers, but only on my right foot

10. centsornoncents

centsornoncents Member

Here's my CP collection:

Training Boot (olive/leather), BBall (white/leather), Tournament (black/canvas), Achilles Mid (black/leather), Desert Boot (tan/suede), Tournament Velcro (white/perforated leather) and not pictured; Achilles Low (grey/leather). All size 45 and all fit exactly the same. Haven't had a chance to try on the washed versions though. Has anyone got a pair of the grey suede BBalls?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Hate to point out stuff like this, but these look too big to me. If the next size down is too narrow I might at least suggest an insole or half insole to help fill out the ankle better.
    Better to realize now rather than later.
    Could just be the awkward pics but looks goofy

Also, looks like they could use a relacing, is that the way they came?

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Can you do a snapshot of those bball hi's with jeans?

13. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

you faggots.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I was about to do the same thing

15. Kid Nickels

actually I tried on 42 but they were too small and I did in fact just buy an extra thin insole to put in them but I was so eager to try them out I hadn't done so yet. They actually fit fine but I know what you mean about the ankle....I think w/ the insole they'll be ok. I took those pix very quickly and at a weird angle so I think that has at least a bit to do w/ them looking a little goofy. And ya those are the original laces... I've only had them for about 5 days. Do they look old or something? What made you suggest relacing? Just curious. I was considering a different color lace... dark grey, black? Whataya think?