• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Aw.. anyone else know anything about this model? Looks pretty decent, I'm sort of digging the darkk chocolate brown color, the lace is kind of funny looking though. I have recently seen a the mid on sale on another site in an extremely similar color.. but the laces were different on the mids.

If you're a 43, I have a pair for sale.

BananaXtreme

Reaction score
2 questions:

I fit size 9.5 (eu 43) in nike air max and 9 (eu 42.5) in nike sb. What size in CP achilles premium is best for me,

also, the common projects achilles premium black/navy? looks like a black upper and navy sole to me, or are they all navy? can someone confirm this,

Thanks in advance,

-BananaXtreme

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score

The brown highs. The leather was ****.

were they tournaments? from what ive seen the leather on those aren't really comparable to achilles. My bballs from '08 are pretty much the same quality-wise to my achilles from '10 fwiw

cpachilleslowbrown1.jpg

^ Does anybody know when this model was released? Maybe this was last F/W, I'm not sure..

current season. tres bien has them

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the general consensus on brown sneakers being tough to pull off / something the steer away from, and learned the hard way when I got the washed browns last year and subsequently sold -- but took another shot with those dark brown/chocolate ones above in mid-tops. Glad I did because they're nearly the perfect shoe for me. Was looking for something to wear since my work switched to casual. In passing and at quick glance the color almost leads you to believe it's a boot, or maybe more formal than a sneaker. They're also so dark (sans the very chocolate laces) that you could almost sub them in for a black shoe/boot. I've been wearing them with a pair of w+h tan corded cloth pants and it's a great match -- my two black friday purchases.

First pair of mids. Been reading some information about poor leather quality coming out recently, but must say, the leather on these mids is the nicest I've felt on any CP sneaker - supple and also thick. I was disappointed because I had to undo the nice factory lacing job because I couldn't get my foot in the shoe out of the box (laced up really tight with the straight across lacing - fit the same as all achilles though once on your feet).

Kross

Reaction score
Glad to hear that leather quality is still good.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo slack, the washed brown is perfect and one of the best they came out with imo. good with everything (denim, chinos, w/e) and it doesnt get dirty easily compared to the white ones. my one gripe is that they are about 0.5 size smaller than normal achilles. prob cause they are 'washed' so they shrunk. other than that its perfect.

Family Death

Reaction score
I really like the look of the brown washed ones as well, they're more casual than the "chocolate" pair though. The only thing that really bothers me with them is that round white lace.. it looks out of place.

Filbert9

Reaction score
the feel of the leather is great, the pricing is around $385 on average (not on sale).

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the only time I remember wearing the washed browns and being happy with the way everything looked together..

that said, not bad shoes in retrospect and I kind of regret selling them.
e4f83819.jpg

a1c58b84.jpg

271d78d6.jpg

Last edited:

Family Death

Reaction score
Great look, slack. ^

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the only time I remember wearing the washed browns and being happy with the way everything looked together..
that said, not bad shoes in retrospect and I kind of regret selling them.
e4f83819.jpg

a1c58b84.jpg

271d78d6.jpg

how come you dont post fits anymore?

Arizor

Reaction score
Slack, what is that shirt? Wings + Horns?

Just received my white achilles from TBS, all the way in Australia and it only took 4 days to get here from ordering, awesome.

Leather seems as good as last season's vintage, very happy with them.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slack, what is that shirt? Wings + Horns?
Just received my white achilles from TBS, all the way in Australia and it only took 4 days to get here from ordering, awesome.
Leather seems as good as last season's vintage, very happy with them.

What do you think? :sarcasm: :satisfied:

Last edited:

Family Death

Reaction score
Ended up going with the dark chocolate brown lows.. can't wait to get my hands on them !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads