• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

ambivalence

Reaction score
any online shop that ships internationally stocks those beige achilles?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

eugen eugen

Reaction score
im relativly new to common projects but i was wondering why the didnt offer the achilles highs in any colorway this season winter autum 2011?! that the only model im interested in.. seen the all white all black and the vintage ones.. like them all, but cant find any online this season or leftovers

:(

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose they did the BBalls for fall instead.
There are red and green suede vintage highs for next spring

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO classic bballs are infinitely superior to achilles hi's. I have the all grey hi's from ss10, they're nice but I've kinda gotten bored of them. still can't believe *********** up the new bballs. :foo:

Reaction score
I actually hated the new BBalls too but the white ones have grown on me big time. Been looking for OG BBalls for a long time and have never seen them on the bay, here, SuFu etc in a 45. So, I copped from TBS. Can't wait to be wearing them. I thought the vintage sole sucked but upon seeing worn in pairs of the OG whites, they seem to go that dirty colour anyways... Also copped a pair of Achilles Mid in black.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so this is possibly an irritating newcomer question, but i just got my achilles low (classics). i sized down one, which was definitely the right call in terms of length. however they are fairly snug almost to the point of being uncomfortable. is this normal? i assume, being soft-ish, the leather will 'give' a little with wear?

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so this is possibly an irritating newcomer question, but i just got my achilles low (classics). i sized down one, which was definitely the right call in terms of length. however they are fairly snug almost to the point of being uncomfortable. is this normal? i assume, being soft-ish, the leather will 'give' a little with wear?

I wear a size 41 and they're snug, but not uncomfortable, and never were. I do have to wear socks on the thinner side, though. If I were to size up to a 42 I know for fact they'd be too big.

I think it sounds like yours may be too snug in the width department? If so, you may have to sacrifice the good fit in length and size up to accommodate a better fitting width. I have had one pair of all black achilles that were pretty stretched out (bought in after market), but for CP's I've owned from day 1, which is a few, stretch has been minimal in my personal experience. Good luck

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads