• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

commodities trading

Bill Brasky

Reaction score
I have an interview with a commodities trading/brokerage firm next week, and not being in the industry I have no idea about the reputation of the firm. Does anyone here have experience in this area? PM me and I can provide the name of the firm.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't you corner the market on booze back in '98?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
www.vault.com, if the firm is large enough there should be some feed back on them. All the juicy bits require a subscription. OR you can try your school's career center to see if they have a subscription (mine does)

Reaction score
sorry to see you didnt get a lot of love here, I guess no one else in the business.

How was the interview?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Check wsj.com, fortune, yahoo finance to find any articles. You can tell a lot about a firm's rep by the press coverage. Lots of coverage = good rep. Scandals, little coverage = bad rep.

Bill Brasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by [email protected]
sorry to see you didnt get a lot of love here, I guess no one else in the business.

How was the interview?

It went very well. However, I am passing on the job, as it doesn't provide as much exposure to the trading as I hoped.

I'm really looking for a Trader's Assistant position or a Clerk, in order to work my way up to a Trader or Sales/Trader position.

It's a long shot, but if anyone knows of a position and would be willing to hire smart, personable guy, let me know.

Reaction score
ah well, good luck with whatever comes along next mate. And in the meantime you can resume your real identity

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40