• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comment on my new Nudies please

metkirk

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've finally bought a good pair of jeans for the first time in my life
musicboohoo[1].gif
!!! What do you guys think about the fit of it? Should I hem it or just roll it up or leave it like in the photo? Thanks!!!

newqz8.jpg

Calden

Reaction score
If you want to hem them right away, I would soak them first. Otherwise I would cuff them and see how much they shrink after the first wash. From the photo it looks like there is at least three extra inches, and if that's the case they definitely won't shrink that much. Other than that they look great, congrats.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shrink first, then leave as it. Looks like a good fit anyhow. Welcome to the addiction.

ardeetee

Reaction score
im not a big fan of the cuff so I would leave them as is, they look good. If you do decide to soak them, they will probably shrink 1-1.5" in length which wouldn't hurt. If they do end up shrinking too much, you could always stretch them back out when damp.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't hem them. Soak em I'd say.

metkirk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got addicted ever since I saw the pictures of you guys wearing dry jeans
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
The inseam is 4 inches more than what I normally wear(30). I'm starting to like the bunching up idea now so I'll leave the inseam intact for now
laugh.gif
By the way do I have to worry about them stretching too much? What's the point of washing the dry jeans?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say leave them. Thay look good.

acidpolice

Reaction score
the point of shrinking dry jeans is that they have not yet been shrunk, and if you wear them, then wash them, they will shrink to what they should be, as in, one or two sizes smaller in the wasit and a few inches shorter. unless nudies dont shrink, but im pretty sure they do, never had a pair.

metkirk

Reaction score
So the idea is they stretch before wash, then you wash them to shrink them back, now I understand
tounge.gif
I'm only 5ft7, and 121 pounds, even Nudie size 28 does not feel tight at all
laugh.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
metkirk, leave 'em. The length is awesome.

acidpolice, Nudies are sanforized, and so do not shrink to fit like you're describing. The jeans will shrink a little bit in length after a long soak or a wash, but probably not more than an inch or so. They won't shrink any smaller than they are now in the waist/thighs/etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics