• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comment on BrooksCool non-iron shirts

mg428

Reaction score
I have just received my BrooksCool non-iron shirts from Brooks Brothers. Just to let you know that there is no substantial difference between these shirts with Brooks' regular non-iron shirts. This is not only my observation or something I simply deduce from the label under the collar and inside the shirt that says "All Supima Cotton", but also what is written on the informative tag attached to the shirt, which reads as follows: "The BrooksCook Non-iron Oxford is woven with all-natural Supima Cotton, grown exclusively in the United States. Featuring a lighter construction than our original oxford, this innovative shirt utilizes advanced moisture-absorbing properties that create a cooling effect by keeping moisture away from the body. The BrooksCool Non-iron shirt Oxford ensures you will keep cool and comfartable all day long, while remaining virtually wrinkle-free."

The only difference, which is not indicated on BB website, turned out to be the type of cotton, which is supima cotton. My all other BB non-iron shirts are made of regular cotton, but these are made of supima cotton.

The thing is that, although I can observe a considerable difference between Brooks' must-iron shirts made of regular cotton and of supima cotton, I must say that such a difference does not exist in regards to Brooks' non-iron shirts. In fact, IMHO, the infamous effects of non-iron even obviates the afore-mentioned "moisture-absorbing" effects that create a "cooling effect" present in a supima cotton oxford.

Nonetheless it seems BrooksCool non-iron shirts made of supima cotton can be a slightly better alternative to Brooks' non-iron shirts made of regular cotton. However, it is safe to say BrooksCool is still not appropriate to hot and humid weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads