• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comment about Lobb 2006 in deep gray.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was really going for the Lobb vintage 2006 Grey Lord and also Treacle ,being announced as ground-breaking by others...
On arrival,I was quite disappointed by the model to be honest...
The vintage 2006 is a safe pair of shoes but too classic and conservative in the design and the purity of the line...
A very good all-rounder and a superb sartorial shoe but not for me..
I have tried with Andreas about 4 or 5 different pairs....
I brought with me some suits and wearing them helped me to make my decison..
The GarnierII in plum museum is such a strong and powerful model....
The tone is absolutely fantastic....
I also wanted a pair of Becketts because i love their shape...
I did try the Parisian brown but i opted for the Dark brown museum which is richer and stronger...
I have to wait now another 10 weeks to get them..
I want to wait for the sales in january in Londo and maybe get a pair of vintage 2004 in chestnut....
What do you need aportnoy?
I have them in Pepper and they're stunning and the vintage 2004 is my favorite design...
My problem is that i tend to be quite conservative when i match my shoes and suits....
The chesnut is great with navy blue and grey but i do prefer wearing mine with my Berluti midnight blue patina...
Do you advise me to get them because the prices are going mad and very soon the JL will be very very expensive?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I also wanted a pair of Becketts because i love their shape...
I did try the Parisian brown but i opted for the Dark brown museum which is richer and stronger...
I have to wait now another 10 weeks to get them..
I want to wait for the sales in january in Londo and maybe get a pair of vintage 2004 in chestnut....
What do you need aportnoy?
I have them in Pepper and they're stunning and the vintage 2004 is my favorite design...

I agree on Becketts, a beautiful shoe. I went with chestnut for mine as I have a lot in dark brown museum already. My Vintage 2004 are also pepper. I would gladly add another pair in chestnut, though.

My next purchase will probably be the Brooklands boot.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have just called Jermyn street and on sales ,they will not put any prestige collection or vintage models.....
Somebody on this forum bought a pair of vintage 2004 chestnut in New-York with a very good discount ...She told me that was impossible....
Liar ,liar ,pants on fire.....I will come back to Emamanuelle if i can find the person who bought this vintage 2004 pair....
For her ,the shoes were the last pair (how convenient!!!) ,and that was the only explanation she gave me!!!!!
I can smell a rat and i have quite a rather ********!!!!
Aportnoy ,like you ,i'm a Lobbist at heart .....I have 2 pairs of Weston ,Church's (i wear them everyday) ,two pairs of Berluti for their unique patinas and the rest is John Lobb....
Do you advise me to buy the 2004 in chestnut even if i'm not very keen on the reddish/brown finish?
I do have the following finishes at the moment.....
Pepper/Havana (2004+Berluti Alessandro) Mid-Brown (Beaubourg Weston) Dark Brown Museum (Becketts) Black (Bramley,Farndon,Beaubourg,City) Dark Blue/Black (Berluti Alessandro) Plum Museum (GarnierII)
I 'm thinking buying the Caviar/Greyish black from the Demesures Berluti to get another tone and maybe the Chesnut.....
What will be your advice?
The prices are getting top heavy and i do want to fonish my little collection because it's too late!!!!
My suits are : Navy Blue (a few)/Black/Charcoal/Steel GREY/ Chocolate/dark Brown ....

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Somebody on this forum bought a pair of vintage 2004 chestnut in New-York with a very good discount ...She told me that was impossible....

The Vintage 2004s pictured were $330 at NM Last Call in Phoenix. I don't know how they got there but was pleased to have stumbled across them.

Perry

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mum used to tell me " Never say this is horrible/ugly/distasteful but rather say It's not my taste!!!!!!"
The same rule applies here in that case..These shoes are beautiful ,well-built the leather is stunning ,the craftmanship is fantastic and full of good taste...
By any means ,these shoes are beautiful but they do not make me dream.....
When you buy Berluti,Lobb,kiton,C&J and others ,you're buying more than mere quality and craftmanship ,you are buying a bit of history ,a bit of Art...
The functional part is accessory to the emotional part...
Thanks God for that or we will be wearing all the same models in the same tones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perry ,you're my man......
I will call her back and wind-her up with that information....
At that price ,Perry ,buy them in every size possible...They 're at £680 in London ($1280)....

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
The Vintage 2004s pictured were $330 at NM Last Call in Phoenix. I don't know how they got there but was pleased to have stumbled across them.

Perry

I got my 2004s from the Stanley Korshak sale and they were under $500, trees included.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I got my 2004s from the Stanley Korshak sale and they were under $500, trees included.

When is the next sale at Korshak? I'll be back in the area around New Years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads