• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comme Des Garcons for H&M Announced

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexor12
It's a smart move by H&M, making their customers adjust to higher prices, soon h&m can expand their own line with higher quality / prices

isnt that what the COS stores in UK (and probably elsewhere in europe) are? It's H&M's version of higher quality H&M

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed they are advertising the CDGxH&M stuff for the Vancouver BC store,
just thought id let the canadians know.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the previous collabs really been of higher quality? I remember looking at some of the Karl Lagerfeld stuff a few years ago and it didn't appear any different in quality of construction to the general H&M stuff. I knew less then than I do now, which isn't a great deal...

I'd assumed the extra cost was for the name / cut?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is anyone gonna go face the crowd tomorrow morning ?
Apparently items are going to be really limited and wont be restocked - If I didn't have to work I'd probably go try on the peacoat...

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Prolly gonna pick up the cardi and the scarf tomorrow, maybe the shoes too. Don't really have the money for anything else. Somewhat of a shame, as the trench looked pretty interesting (and the jumper...and some of the shirts).

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Lemme know how some of the stuff is. Like the fit of the trench and pants. It'll all sell out pretty quick i'd imagine with people in the US lining up and crap to buy for hype or for ebay reselling. I'll probably wait a month or two for the hype to die down, for ebay resellers to lower their price, and for people who initially bought to get tired of it (since a lot are buying to be trendy) and resell it. By then i'll have feedback on fit, materials, and a better price.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Wow, the quantities seem to be very limited. Arrived at H&M somewhere around 9.15, and there was very little left (certainly no cardis or scarves), especially in the men's collection. However, didn't seem to be a huge loss. What was available didn't impress for the most part so I didn't bother going to the other H&M store that also carried the line. Ended up buying a bottle of gin instead, figured it was prolly a better investment.

The few women's coats seemed to be of nice quality, so I'd imagine the same would go for the men's coats and the trench. Might be worth a purchase.

Shirts seemed to be normal H&M quality and the fabrics didn't impress. The cuts seemed good tho, might've gotten one if the fabric had been better. Can't help on the pants, as I didn't see any.

pruppert

Reaction score
Went to check this all out at Rue de Rivoli today, and had mixed feelings. Stuff is definitely cut slimmer than usual, but still too big in my opinion, probably due to the lack of an XS. Seemed like everything with the white polka dots went first out of everything.

The knits were cut very slim imho, definitely nice for anyone who struggles to find an affordable knit that is slim enough.

Paris seemed to be restocking throughout, though a quick look at the women's section showed nearly everything gone.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the local store today, and I was far from impressed. The only piece I considered (boiled wool jacket) was gone, and the rest was blaha. Fabrics seemed decent though.

learner

Reaction score
I also thought the shirts werent cut slim enough.

ataboada

Reaction score
Was in the Chicago store, bought quite a few things including the trench coat (greatest in the line), a pea coat, hat, perfume, both styles of shoes, and a polka dot shirt. Everything seems good quality; the only thing I haven't tried on is the shirt, which I will proceed to after I post this. I think I got a pea coat a size smaller than I should have, but everything was gone within 5 minutes of opening time. It was crazy. I also got the canvas slip-ons a size smaller apparently. Both the pea coat and the shoes are sizes 36R, and 9, respectively. If anyone has anything larger I might be willing to trade, or possibly post it at the for sale section.

chanimal

Reaction score
just got back from the TO eaton centre......most of the mens stuff is picked over, no pants or caridagns from what i saw. tried the pea coat on, wasnt that impressed.

evpj2L

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataboada
Was in the Chicago store, bought quite a few things including the trench coat (greatest in the line), a pea coat, hat, perfume, both styles of shoes, and a polka dot shirt. Everything seems good quality; the only thing I haven't tried on is the shirt, which I will proceed to after I post this. I think I got a pea coat a size smaller than I should have, but everything was gone within 5 minutes of opening time. It was crazy. I also got the canvas slip-ons a size smaller apparently. Both the pea coat and the shoes are sizes 36R, and 9, respectively. If anyone has anything larger I might be willing to trade, or possibly post it at the for sale section.

Can you post pics of the pea coat and trench?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Some sufu heads went and had some feedback i'll share here.

Trench coat apparently fits really nice and is good for the price

Scarves, polka dot anything, and wallets sold out crazy fast.

People are marsupialed and some yahoo auction and ebay prices are going for higher than cdg prices (people really into hype i guess).

Still semi interested in(but probably won't buy) most all the items from the collection but who knows.

Apparently the materials vary from piece to piece. Some of them feel great for H&M, others about the same. Fit varies as well.

I don't think cdg h+ shirts fit super BoO slim or anything so i'm not surprised by that. I wouldn't want them to personally, if you're going to construct a semi-cdg inspired look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads