• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comme des Garçons Guerrilla Store (L.A.)

jkennett

Reaction score
I've moved to L.A. just recently and have been scouting out interesting places in my spare time. This evening before hitting up Philippe's again for a french dip sandwich and 9 cent coffee... I checked out the infamous Comme Des Garçons Guerrilla store in downtown L.A.

125 W. 4th St. Suite #106 (aka. through a gate, down the alley past the dumpster, and left through a doorway with those "butcher clear plastic pieces hanging in the doorway"
Los Angeles, CA 90013

I didn't take photos, and it was night by the time I got there, so here is a link with daytime shots. http://www.nivininthecrates.com/2008...store-los.html

commedesgarcons.jpg

In the dark it's more than difficult to find, and I'd say it would be impossible if you didn't know where to look for it.
CdGLA.jpg

Variety of pieces from previous collections of CdG, CdG Homme, Play, SHIRT, Tricot, Junya Watanabe, CdG & Fred Perry, Junya & Levi's, fragrances, leather goods, and some local made jewelry among other things... Apparently they do not carry the current line of clothing, which makes sense since it would cannibalize local accounts. This store will be open till February, so if you want to see it, go before then!

I also was told that they have parties in the CdG alley during the Downtown Art Walk every 2nd Thursday of each month starting around 8-9pm. That might be a cool place for a SF meetup one of these days before the store closes.
http://www.downtownartwalk.com/

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool? The store's seclusion is enough to be beyond that statement : p

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Do they have the balloon shorts? Store seems pretty cool. Shame i can't visit and just gawk
Honestly I'm not sure... I tried to look at everything, but in doing so managed to forget half of what I'd seen.. haha. You can call them at 213-626-6606 if you're really interested. The place is awesome, though it's a bit smaller than I had expected... for some reason I thought I had read that it was a series of rooms, but in actuality it's just a single large room that sort of resembles a meat locker or something to that effect.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Was brett still there?

There was a real sick off white cotton blazer with a **** load of orange circles all over I almost picked up.

Where did you move from?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^Was brett still there?

There was a real sick off white cotton blazer with a **** load of orange circles all over I almost picked up.

Where did you move from?

Doesn't Fuuma actually own that blazer?

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^Was brett still there?

Where did you move from?

I saw a guy with long hair and fixed gear bike (might have been Brett?), but was talking mostly to some intern from FIDM (Jake, I think his name is?). Apparently the store used to be a boutique that carried CdG, before Rei took over and turned it into a Guerilla store. It may or may not turn back into an independent boutique in February.

I'm from Maryland/D.C. area.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Doesn't Fuuma actually own that blazer?

Does he? I'll kill him. There was another with pink squares but the orange circles were much more gangster.

Originally Posted by jkennett
I saw a guy with long hair and fixed gear bike (might have been Brett?), but was talking mostly to some intern from FIDM (Jake, I think his name is?). Apparently the store used to be a boutique that carried CdG, before Rei took over and turned it into a Guerilla store. It may or may not turn back into an independent boutique in February.

I'm from Maryland/D.C. area.

Nice man welcome, you will never want to go back. I don't know if brett rides but it might have been him if he was blonde. The door was sealed on the side and you could only get in from the sneaker store when it was 06+ which was pretty dope (hidden motion activated door) and carried bless, rs, margiela, cdg and all that ****.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Nice man welcome, you will never want to go back. I don't know if brett rides but it might have been him if he was blonde. The door was sealed on the side and you could only get in from the sneaker store when it was 06+ which was pretty dope (hidden motion activated door) and carried bless, rs, margiela, cdg and all that ****.
That sounds sick w/ motion activated door. Dude did have blonde hair so it was prob. Brett. I think fixies are standard issue these days, so it wouldn't really be an identifying factor in any case.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yeah man it was, if you go inside the sneaker store connected to it you'll see a hallway and at the end was a wooden wall that just slid open to the right. There had to be someone in the back in order for you to check it out though which wasn't all the time. Everyone in downtown has a fixed so probably.

Also check out Langers for the best pastarami in the country, it's west of the 110 and get the #19.

Next time you go to philippes get the lamb dip and don't forget the blue cheese.

jkennett

Reaction score
Jet- I'll be sure to try your food suggestions. Whodini already hooked me up with Vito's Pizza on La Cienega... I'll seriously kill for their breadsticks. Earth shattering stuff.

Next on my clothing store list to check out is Maxfield's for that belgian and japanese goth ninja gear.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shot of the store and thanks for sharing the photos. You live in downtown? jkennett welcome to L.A.!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
where did you end up moving to? I know you were looking at S Pasadena as a possibility...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
His location says Melrose Ave, hot shot. jet's right on Langers. It was down the street from my high school and they do curbside service so... j, I'll be back in two weeks if you want to hit some downtown bars. We might be able to get the old man to come out as long as there's free food at the Edison (and there will be).

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
welcome to L.A.!
thanks!
Originally Posted by Get Smart
where did you end up moving to? I know you were looking at S Pasadena as a possibility...
I ended up getting a place in Hollywood down near Melrose and Vine. I'm only a few blocks from Larchmont Village actually.... Not quite Pasadena, but it works for now. I'm having a pretty good time so far here! edit: Saw Whodini beat me to the answer on my location. And, I'll def. check this Langers out soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads