• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coming to America

davo10375

Reaction score
Coming to America for most of Jan and looking to compile a list of shops I got to hit.

What I found on my computer from a list I made at the end of a drunken night

LA:
South Willard
APC
Fred Segal
American Rag
Opening Ceremony
Maxfield/Maxfield Bleu
American rag cie
Margiela LA

Los Vegas:
Barneys

Boston:
Stels
Alan Bilzerian

NYC:
Barneys
Bergdorf/Saks (right next to barneys? Any point in heading to these?)
Jeffrey
Odin
Atelier
Opening Ceremony
Seven
Uniqlo
Nom de Guerre
Oak NYC
Century 21

New Jersey
lol8[1].gif
(right?)

I know im leaving off a few stores that I shouldn't be so looking to find out which ones. Also any stores which I'd be wasting my time going to, let me know. Another issue is I'm kind of only in NYC for a day and half
plain.gif

Superfuture's shopping guide on the website has gone to the ***** so I can't use that either :|

xoxo

brohymn

Reaction score
For LA, Helmut Lang and Revolve are right next door to APC so i'd add those and i'd remove American Rag.

davo10375

Reaction score
New Helmut Lang is pretty boring and Revolve as in the revolveclothing.com? I need to hit up American Rag for some NDC's or F+B's anyway. Keep getting confused by the fact there is an American Rag and an American Rag Cie because I've seen different locations, but some sites refer to them as one. Need supertravel back
frown.gif

brohymn

Reaction score
Yea, revolve as in revolveclothing.com.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
For LA, I wouldn't even waste my time going to Revolve; the selection in-store is garbage compared to what they have online so don't assume that you're going to find everything you're looking for. Add Secret Service, Legion, and Confederacy to your list. Also, Opening Ceremony in NYC is nothing compared to the LA store (and even then...). For Boston, add the Tannery.

I have no idea what kind of aesthetic you're in to so letting us know might help narrow your choices.

You must REALLY have some free time on your hands if you plan on seeing all these places.

davo10375

Reaction score
Cheers whodini... would probably have helped if I listed the stuff I was into heh.

I like SoCal/Chrono (minus gay soldier) sort of stuff... raf, jil but also stuff like boo, henrik vibskov.

I got some free time... to be honest I have minimal committments there, have already been to most of the places (just seeing sights/eating/etc) and its kind of a family trip; I'm in LA for 5 days, vegas for 5-6 days, boston for 2-3, new jersey for like 6 (family) and new york for 1-2. The only place I won't realistically be able to get to most of the shops is New York.

Edit: Not really into japanese denim or streetwear (supreme etc) or the workwear look (though I like some EG). If that helps narrow it down?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For LA... Fred Segal (Melrose), Paul Smith, and RRL are literally across the street from each other so you could probably do those really quick. Alexander McQueen is a few blocks down Melrose, as is everything Marc Jacobs. May also want to check out Barney's on Rodeo, Dior Homme is there also. Both are within a half mile of Margiela. Scout ( http://www.scoutla.com/home.cfm?page=home ) is a block or two down from South Willard

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
If you go to American Rag Cie you might as well hit Ever on 8251 Melrose Ave which is blocks away. Also, the largest J Crew men's selection in LA is right down the street at the Grove mall and next door to them is Barney's Co-Op.

Fred Segal is good but their sales staff is annoying. Tell them you want to be left alone to browse (unless you are of the breed who enjoys a good ass kissing.) They have a cool selection of vintage belts, distressed boots and better prices on some pieces (at full retail) than comparative stores.

If you're hungry you might add Lisa Kline Men which is reasonably close to Segal. Their store is on a quaint street along with the 7 for all Mankind and WESC store's. Nothing special there but the highlight is the French cafe that serves up some delicious crepe's across the street caddy-corner from Lisa Kline Men.

If I were to pick only one American Rag Cie would be the choice because of their vintage selection. The other stores can just be shopped online as mentioned. However, Ever gets my choice for clothing that is better in person than appears on a picture so if you are not familiar with them I would give it a look.

davo10375

Reaction score
Learn to read the tags kids :| Croc dundee is more appropriate for me though.

And thanks for the ideas, keep them coming
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
18946226.jpg

How has this not been posted yet?

Best.

Movie.
Ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics