• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coming to a Brooks Brothers near you..........

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, before I get flamed please take into account that I appreciate the concept of having a Thom Browne in fashion. I recognize how bland the world we live in would be if we all walked around wearing the same Brooks or Hickey or Borrelli. I also think that this Brooks/Browne combo could turn out to be a winner for Brooks. Fashion, even tried and true conservative suits, need to be tweaked every once in a while (have you seens some early 70's Savile Row suits? The lapels could be used as a runway). I am also pretty sure that Mr. Browne knows that the type of customer he is designing for at Brooks, is not the same type of customer that he designs tuxedo shorts for. Lastly, I also know that Bergdorf is a totally different store in concept and customer than Brooks, and thankfully there are stores like Bergdorf's who are there to support the Thom Browne's of the world.

All that being said, this is just regoddamndiculous. A three piece suit (from the fall BG catalog), with the third piece being an outerwear vest (I get the irony). Pants that do not cover Chelsea boots. Dress-ski pants???????? I could get past all that stuff but patches (my sons OshKoshBGosh jacket has those patches), patches on the suit jacket sleeve!!!! WTF
eek.gif
eek.gif
Who is this for??? What stylistic justification do the patches have? Yes, many moons ago people wore suits skiing. Those suits had no patches. I am sure the pedigree of the cashmere mink used in this suit is impeccable. I am also sure the construction is top notch. But $8,400 for this?? and Mr. Browne does not even have the regard for his customers to offer specific sizes? (you can get the suit in a "2 or 3"). Mr. Browne, I'm calling you out on this one. This is being a tool for the sake of being a tool.
KIF_2556.jpg

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.

The thing is, there's so much outlandish stuff like that from nearly all designers that I tend to disregard it. I don't really hold it against a designer anymore if he produces a few unwearable pieces for the runway.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't say I like his really out there stuff either.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who is the maker of the gorgeous shoes?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Agreed. The pants and the patched jacket are horrendous though.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That quilted vest is dope, and the jacket looks pretty nice from what I can see (aside from the sleeve patch), but I can't think of anywhere I'd wear the pants, and I'm not afraid to wear unconventional items at times.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not busy enough.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think the vest is practical on its own.

The fabric, from what I can tell, is incredibly luxurious (as would be expected from cashmere mink). The vest is beautiful, and the pants can be part of a chic skiing outfit. Together, as a 3 piece suit, it does not work. And the $8,400 price tag does not help matters.

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Hahaha.

The thing is, there's so much outlandish stuff like that from nearly all designers that I tend to disregard it. I don't really hold it against a designer anymore if he produces a few unwearable pieces for the runway.

I could not agree more..... Sometimes when I read about Thom on these boards I have a feeling the poster has little or no knowledge of what other designers are putting down the runway (i'm not saying thats the case with edmoral, its just an observation)

Is this suit an abomination...yes, but look at the "menswear" that donatella has sent down the runway these past few years. I remember a line by junya wantanabe a few years back that featured pants with a rise that went from the knee to the navel.... completely ridicoulous and hardly a bargain either ...

what can you do

MrR

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
We know there's been worse, but there's no denying in its own right that this is pretty dreadful.

mrchapel

Reaction score
My eyes hurt...that is so awful. I can't imagine anyone actually wearing that outfit; but I suppose there are enough oddballs out there who glorify such looks.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
I could not agree more..... Sometimes when I read about Thom on these boards I have a feeling the poster has little or no knowledge of what other designers are putting down the runway (i'm not saying thats the case with edmoral, its just an observation)

Is this suit an abomination...yes, but look at the "menswear" that donatella has sent down the runway these past few years. I remember a line by junya wantanabe a few years back that featured pants with a rise that went from the knee to the navel.... completely ridicoulous and hardly a bargain either ...

what can you do

MrR

I recognize and understand that but keep in mind that this is not a runway look. This is for sale at Bergdorf as we speak. Also, it's being sold as a suit, not as some wacky, way out there, Junya Wantanabee piece.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I wonder if you can customize the patches on the vest?
plain.gif

It would be fun to see who buys this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads