• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coming soon - built by wendy for wrangler

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be really interested in seeing this collection: bootcut and straightlegged jeans in clean washes, closefit, simple, western shirts and short jackets. Lots of interesting tectures, from unwashed denim to corduroy to stiffened canvas. It looks to be in a similar vein to Rogan, but hopefully at more reasonable prices. http://www.builtbywendy.com/wrangler/wrangler.html BTW, is it just me, or is everyone jumping on the washed cotton canvas blazer bandwagon? With mixed results, I might add.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This western thing is a fad though.
Sure, it's a trend now. Â But I think that western and military styling are never really going to go away.
Good point. I've already seen these jeans sold at Urban Outfitters. The best thing going for them is the cut, the material is pretty standard; a step above levis, not as good as diesel. The line was moderatly priced as well. Jeans were around $70.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that the line is not coming until Fall 2004? I've seen the Wrangler jeans at Urban too, but I didn't think that they were part of this line. They haven't gotten any of the jackets and shirts yet, have they? Also, Urban seems to be selling some rather expensive jeans these days. I think I saw True Religion jeans on their website.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that the line is not coming until Fall 2004?  I've seen the Wrangler jeans at Urban too, but I didn't think that they were part of this line.  They haven't gotten any of the jackets and shirts yet, have they?  Also, Urban seems to be selling  some rather expensive jeans these days.  I think I saw True Religion jeans on their website.
Urban also has Evisu jeans at $300 or $400 a pair.

I swear, Evisu makes some of the ugliest jeans I've ever seen. Makes me think of those kids who dress all 'Punk', except they get their jeans for under $10.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Isn't Evisu owned by Ben Sherman? Or is it vice versa

High_Roller

Reaction score
I hate the logo placement on the back pocket of those Wranglers.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that the line is not coming until Fall 2004?  I've seen the Wrangler jeans at Urban too, but I didn't think that they were part of this line.  They haven't gotten any of the jackets and shirts yet, have they?  Also, Urban seems to be selling  some rather expensive jeans these days.  I think I saw True Religion jeans on their website.
It seems that the line is already for sale on the website. The Wranglers I saw in Urban Outfitters may have been a different line, however they were higher quality than the regular Wrangler line. They had a great wash, good material and outstanding cut.

BGW

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how to measure denim quality? What are signs to look for, like thread count with cotton shirts?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You might want to start a new thread on that. It's a good topic but people tend to stop reading threads that don't specifically interest them and miss new questions.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shirts in that collection are great... the jeans look terrible IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads