• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Coming soon - built by wendy for wrangler

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This western thing is a fad though.
Sure, it's a trend now. Â But I think that western and military styling are never really going to go away.
Good point. I've already seen these jeans sold at Urban Outfitters. The best thing going for them is the cut, the material is pretty standard; a step above levis, not as good as diesel. The line was moderatly priced as well. Jeans were around $70.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that the line is not coming until Fall 2004?  I've seen the Wrangler jeans at Urban too, but I didn't think that they were part of this line.  They haven't gotten any of the jackets and shirts yet, have they?  Also, Urban seems to be selling  some rather expensive jeans these days.  I think I saw True Religion jeans on their website.
Urban also has Evisu jeans at $300 or $400 a pair.

I swear, Evisu makes some of the ugliest jeans I've ever seen. Makes me think of those kids who dress all 'Punk', except they get their jeans for under $10.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Isn't Evisu owned by Ben Sherman? Or is it vice versa

High_Roller

Reaction score
I hate the logo placement on the back pocket of those Wranglers.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that the line is not coming until Fall 2004?  I've seen the Wrangler jeans at Urban too, but I didn't think that they were part of this line.  They haven't gotten any of the jackets and shirts yet, have they?  Also, Urban seems to be selling  some rather expensive jeans these days.  I think I saw True Religion jeans on their website.
It seems that the line is already for sale on the website. The Wranglers I saw in Urban Outfitters may have been a different line, however they were higher quality than the regular Wrangler line. They had a great wash, good material and outstanding cut.

BGW

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how to measure denim quality? What are signs to look for, like thread count with cotton shirts?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You might want to start a new thread on that. It's a good topic but people tend to stop reading threads that don't specifically interest them and miss new questions.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shirts in that collection are great... the jeans look terrible IMO.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy