1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Comically short jacket sleeves from Indochino

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Ok, these sleeves are a total disaster. If I bend my arms, they ride up like 6 inches, and look ridiculous. The question is, can they be extended, or is this a scrap-heap remake? I mean, the 2nd picture has them a good 3 inches too short. The jacket might look ok when standing like a corpse, but as soon as the arms are bent (in real life), it looks like shit. I believe the sleeve ends at the MIDPOINT of my forearms. From now on, I am having jacket sleeves go down to the hinge of my wrist, right alongside my shirt sleeve, and NOT to the protruding bone. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. acecow

acecow Senior member

If both the shirt's and the jacket's armholes are high enough you will not have the sleeves riding up your arms. That's the beauty of MTM/bespoke/lucky RTW.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Dude, you'd know better than us if they can be extended. Check inside the sleeve for extra material. Or take it to an alterations tailor.

4. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

If both the shirt's and the jacket's armholes are high enough you will not have the sleeves riding up your arms. That's the beauty of MTM/bespoke/lucky RTW.

Uhh, yea, well, clearly that's not an option here.

5. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Dude, you'd know better than us if they can be extended. Check inside the sleeve for extra material. Or take it to an alterations tailor.

I'm not sure any sleeve can be extended this many inches.

6. landshark

landshark Senior member

Luckily you purchased from a company who will re-make the entire suit for you, for free. I don't see a problem here. If everything else is OK, get unhemmed sleeves and have your tailor finish them for you for a perfect length.

7. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

Based on how close the patch pocket is to your breast pocket, it looks like the entire thing is too short. It looks like it might be a woman's? Maybe Mafoofan can have it?

8. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

depends on how much fabric is in the sleeve to let out, typically around 2" is kept.

keep your arms unbent straight down relaxed at your side and take a picture. When moving your arm in different positions the sleeves will naturally shift as well. The jacket looks too tight also which would cause more of a pull on the sleeves.

Wasn't the comically short jacket sleeves a cause of your measuring incorrectly, not the maker?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nice pantaloons. Ambrosi or Panta?

10. tazmaniac

tazmaniac Senior member

Looks more like Derek Rose... [​IMG]

11. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Beat me to it. Seriously, though, I'm kind of inspired by the idea of having a sport coat that goes so well with my favourite jammies. Is this sort of a Hugh Hefner lounge lizard look for the new millennium?

12. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

If I bend my arms, they ride up like 6 inches, and look ridiculous.

You could put a Thom Browne label on this and sell it on Ebay for mad bills.

13. butterflystyle

butterflystyle Senior member

Threads like this make me wonder why ANYONE would subject themselves to internet MTM.

14. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Are you going to be wearing this to the casual sports bar?

15. spitfirees20

spitfirees20 Senior member

You could put a Thom Browne label on this and sell it on Ebay for mad bills.

Damn, and here I was trying to make a Thom Browne joke before the page even finished loading.

16. acecow

acecow Senior member

Threads like this make me wonder why ANYONE would subject themselves to internet MTM.

Because when MTM goes wrong, you see these threads. When it is done right and the measurements are spot-on, nobody complains. I'm perfectly happy with my internet MTM shirts.

17. Enema

Enema Member

Usually there is an extra inch and the tailor to top extent in one side, for the other the extra fabric from the trousers is needed. That works for me.

18. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

A jacket's sleeves will always ride up a certain amount when the arm is bent, there is no way that high arm-holes or any amount of bespoke tailoring can prevent that.

19. acecow

acecow Senior member

A jacket's sleeves will always ride up a certain amount when the arm is bent, there is no way that high arm-holes or any amount of bespoke tailoring can prevent that.

Of course, but there's acceptable and unacceptable levels. I have jackets with lower and higher armholes. There's a huge difference!

20. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

For the record, I am very happy with this jacket and the price ($179 Groupon)
    The only problem is the sleeve length. I'll see how much the tailor can let out.
    Otherwise, I remake. Win/win.

When the arms are bent, the jacket sleeves will ride up a lot more than the shirt sleeves since there is so much more slack in the latter.
    So, I think the key is to have the sleeve land at the wrist hinge, and not above.
    Maybe just show a sliver of cuff, if that, when the arms are relaxed.