• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Comfortable Shoes

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
I know this topic, or one like it, has been posted before, however, the threads that came up by running a search don't seem very active (or exactly on point).

Basically, I'm wondering what people's go-to comfortable non-dress shoe is. Been sporting all black slip-on vans for years, but the wear and tear of age makes them hard on my knees (and feet).

Anyone have suggestions for a more comfortable, low profile alternative?

Thanks in advance for responding.

pharmaxis

Reaction score
Rockports seems to be a safe and comfortable option. Some of them come with soles made by (or maybe in collaboration with) Adidas.

reezy

Reaction score
New Balance 576 has been my go to comfort all summer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Depends on whether you are hanging around or walking places. For hanging around, I find that lowtop Common projects are really comfortable, especially the leather shelltoes, which have just a soft leather shell as an upper. For walking around, I couldn't really say, except to say that in the summer, I prefer lowtops or chukkas, and that I usually wear Butteros or Common Projects.

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Will check the suggestions out. Looking for something that will be useful for walking or standing about. Hope it hasn't come to Rockport just yet--no offense, just feel I'm a few years (or perhaps a knee surgery) away from walkin' down that dusty trail.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 106 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%